In order to boost their cloud security offerings to businesses, Deloitte and Google today announced an extension of their partnership to help bring Deloitte security solutions onto Google Cloud. Through this extended partnership, Google will offer several Deloitte security services through their cloud platform, allowing Google Cloud customers to take advantage of Deloitte’s security portfolio.
“The increasing integration, interconnectedness, and data exchange of our businesses and lives create shared vulnerabilities where a problem in one area can quickly cascade into another. By building security into these environments, organizations can better protect their data, privacy, and operations,” said Deborah Golden, U.S. cyber leader for Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory. “Together with Google, we are supporting secure transformative change for our clients, something that all organizations should prioritize, and can enable them to be better secured in their critical cyber and cloud needs.”
Google recognizes Deloitte as a Google Cloud Security Premier Partner, and they have allied in the past to help customers secure their business as they move to the cloud. The solutions that Deloitte will offer on the cloud platform include:
- Security Monitoring and Threat Response. Proactively detecting, monitoring, and responding to unauthorized activity before it can affect networks.
- Zero Trust. Continuously monitoring and authenticating users of the cloud.
- Identity and Access Management. Enhancing digital transformation strategies and leveraging data-driven identity models.
- Data Security. Services designed to help organizations assess data risk management challenges.
“For enterprise customers moving to the cloud, security isn’t an afterthought, it’s at the top of every CIO’s list, and in general is a board level topic,” said Sunil Potti, vice president engineering at Google Cloud Security. “Building in the right security processes and controls from the beginning of the cloud journey can significantly reduce risks and costs for customers, and so we are delighted to be collaborating with Deloitte to help deliver end-to-end security services and solutions to our joint-customers.”
Looking for more info on managed service providers for your cloud solutions? Our MSP Buyer’s Guide contains profiles on the top cloud managed service providers for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, as well as questions you should ask vendors and yourself before buying. We also offer an MSP Vendor Map that outlines those vendors in a Venn diagram to make it easy for you to select potential providers.
Check us out on Twitter for the latest in Enterprise Cloud news and developments!
Latest posts by Daniel Hein (see all)
- Sophos: Seven in 10 Organizations Experienced a Cloud Security Incident - July 8, 2020
- Six Common Cloud Security Myths Debunked and Explained - July 6, 2020
- Seven Common Cloud Computing Myths Debunked - July 1, 2020