Rackspace Technology recently announced the launch of Rackspace Data Freedom. The new platform enables customers to disaggregate storage from public cloud compute, freeing an organization’s data from being subject to unpredictable public cloud data egress charges. Rackspace Data Freedom also allows users to retain the sovereignty of data and benefit from the flexibility of a multi-cloud approach. The platform is available globally in all Rackspace Technology data centers and colocation facilities.
Rackspace is a cloud security solutions vendor and managed cloud services provider for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. The vendor offers management capabilities for public, private, hybrid, and multi-cloud deployments depending on the customer’s needs and current cloud solutions. While Rackspace has been around since 1999, the company has only been offering managed cloud services since 2015. Gartner positioned Rackspace as a Leader in their 2019 Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Infrastructure Professional and Managed Services, Worldwide.
Key benefits of Rackspace Data Freedom include:
- Cost Management: Rackspace Data Freedom users can avoid large-scale data migrations to the public cloud and achieve transit cost savings of as much as 83 percent by using the Rackspace private network.
- Unshackling Information: By leveraging RackConnect Global, users can maintain multiple private, low-latency virtual connections over a single resilient physical connection from the disaggregated storage environment.
- Customized Storage Solutions: From basic hybrid models to high-performance all-flash platforms, protocol types, and advanced features or expansion shelves, Rackspace builds solutions in accordance with the user’s specific requirements.
In a media statement, Michael Levy, director of product at Rackspace Technology, said, “data egress charges are an issue that organizations have been grappling with for years, but until now no provider has offered an intuitive solution for managing these costs or a footprint that comes close to the magnitude of ours. Using the connectivity and data center ecosystem we have cultivated; we are helping our clients more effectively manage their public cloud transit costs and guaranteeing multi-cloud data accessibility.”
To learn more about Rackspace Technology, click here.
- 5 Key Questions to Ask Cloud Computing Solution Providers - October 14, 2021
- The Best Cloud Computing Courses on Skillshare to Consider - October 12, 2021
- Accenture Acquires Advoco, an Infor EAM Integrator - October 7, 2021