At this week’s Strata + Hadoop World conference, MapR announced comprehensive support for microservices that leverage continuous analytics, automation actions and rapid response to better react to business events as they happen. New capabilities in the MapR platform range from microservices application monitoring and management to integrated support for agile microservices application development.
Support for event-driven microservices rely on a variety of new feature capabilities, which include:
- Monitoring of cluster-wide operations and resource usage in a single defined view
- Microservices-specific volumes for application versioning, simplifying the development lifecycle and product deployment
- Microservices for A-B and multivariate testing which enables rapid machine learning development and optimization
Event-driven microservices on MapR’s Converged Data Platform allow developers to combine a range of machine learning and analytics functions directly on data. Microservices that leverage file, database and streaming services can be orchestrated on the Converged Data Platform with an underlying publish-and-subscribe framework that integrates data in motion and at rest to support low latency processing on a continuous basis. This approach integrates information from the latest events with insights that have been a accumulated from the data.
Microservices applications and other application development is simplified on the MapR platform, allowing developers the freedom to combine file, database, document and streaming analytics functionality. With a single line of code, developers can persist complex data types with JSON in MapR-DB, so that they can focus on developing innovative features. In addition, customizable dashboards deliver complete visibility of cluster hardware and software operations, utilization and service logs.
Anil Gadre, Senior Vice President of Product Management at MapR, concludes: “Microservices by themselves are great, but don’t deliver on their full promise until you have a converged platform that brings the data together. We’ve made it easier for developers to build innovative new converged applications that can help transform a business by providing a competitive advantage that was not possible before.”
Microservices support is available immediately in the MapR Converged Community and in enterprise editions of the MapR Converged Data Platform.
Latest posts by Timothy King (see all)
- Commvault GO 2019: Executive Spotlight with Commvault’s Top Brass - October 16, 2019
- Commvault GO 2019: Customer Spotlight with Commvault’s User Community - October 16, 2019
- MemSQL Announces Helios Cloud Service and Beta 7.0 Release - September 24, 2019