In a recent press release, Veeam announced Veeam Explorer for Oracle, a part of the company’s new Availability Suite v9 solution that will be available later in the year. The release states: “In addition to a number of unique, industry-first features for Oracle – such as transaction-level database recovery, and agentless image-based backup and recovery for Oracle ASM – the company has also introduced several additional enterprise-level enhancements for Veeam Explorers for Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint and SQL Server.” Oracle is the #1 enterprise database and currently has over 400,000 customers worldwide.
Veeam has historically offered recovery services for Oracle, but now with Veeam Explorer, the same recovery is much simpler and more powerful, combining the family of Veeam Explorers already developed for the Microsoft platform. Veeam Availability Suite v9 will extend enterprise-ready features for advanced upon its release. Here are some of the highlights on what’s to come:
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle: Features transaction-level Oracle database recovery, which includes agentless transaction log backup so users can restore to an exact point in time to protect low recovery point objectives. Other add-ons include 1-click restore of individual databases, support for Windows and Linux servers, and compatibility with Oracle Automatic Storage Management.
- eDiscovery for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange: This feature is useful for complying with government or legal investigations. Reports are generated and provide detailed export reports that allow users to specify exactly what was exported, from where, and with what search criteria. It also adds query result estimation capabilities.
- Major updates to Microsoft enterprise apps: The updates allow for Group Policy Object restoration, DNS record integration and configuration to partition objects with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, site collection restoration with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, and table-level restores with Veeam Explorer for SQL Server.
Veeam’s CEO Ratmir Timashev exclaims: “Enterprises cannot afford downtime and while nothing is 100 percent reliable, these users demand that applications and data are back online within minutes; every moment of inactivity costs money!”
Veeam is intent on making recovery time 15 minutes or less across the board for critical data and applications. Be sure to stay tuned into Solutions Review for further updates on Veeam Availability Suite v9.
Click here to register for Veeam’s live webinar on Explorer for Oracle which takes place on July 28th.
- What to Expect at Solutions Review’s Data Protection Demo Day Q1 2023 on March 30 - March 27, 2023
- Storage and Data Protection News for the Week of March 24; Updates from Arcserve, Cohesity, VAST Data & More - March 24, 2023
- 6 Key Elements of Modern Enterprise Data Protection Strategy - March 23, 2023