Solutions Review lists the seven top cybersecurity certification offerings from IT Governance USA InfoSec Professionals should consider.
How can you, as a cybersecurity professional, both supplement your cybersecurity knowledge and hone your skills? The answer is through cybersecurity certification. Receiving certifications can help professionals refine their threat detection and mitigation tactics while also increasing their marketability if they choose to seek out new opportunities.
IT decision-makers can greatly benefit from seeking out cybersecurity certification courses for themselves or for their security operations team members. Therefore, we present you with the top seven cybersecurity certification courses provided by IT Governance USA.
All can serve as great resources for professionals of all levels of experience. We also included links to the courses so you can enroll in any course you want.
*Note: Prices of courses may vary among cybersecurity certification courses from IT Governance USA.
Top 7 Cybersecurity Certification Courses from IT Governance USA
Certified Cybersecurity Foundation Self-Paced Online Training Course
Length: Self-Paced (One Day)
“This fully accredited, one-day, foundation-level course is one of the first steps in improving your organization’s cybersecurity defenses, giving an overview of cybersecurity, the threat landscape, threat intelligence, legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations, and incident response…This training course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec)… This course covers all aspects of cybersecurity at a foundation level, from what cybersecurity is, to useful security standards and frameworks.”
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Training Course
Length: 3 Days
“This fully accredited, practitioner-led course equips information security professionals with the skills to manage an ISO 27001 ISMS implementation project.
It will teach you:
- The nine critical steps involved in planning, implementing, and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS
- Information security management best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project
- Typical pitfalls and challenges and how to deal with them
Passing the included exam leads to the ISO 17024-certificated ISO 27001 Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification.”
Cybersecurity for IT Support Self-Paced Online Training Course
Length: 4 hours (Self-Paced)
“Train your IT support department on the most common cyber-attacks and build awareness around the importance of effective cybersecurity with this awareness course.
- The threat landscape and the impact of cyber attacks
- The ‘weakest link’ concept
- The signs of a phishing attack
- The significance of passwords
- Social media and cybersecurity risks
- The cybersecurity implications of remote working
- The differences between information security and cybersecurity
- Cloud security and supply chain security
- BYOD (bring your own device) in the workplace
- How to recognize and protect your organization from malware
- The key cybersecurity threats to mobile devices”
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Self-Paced Online Training Course
Length: 3 Days (Ten Modules, Self-Paced, with Year-Long Access)
“Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, this fully accredited distance learning course is a modular recording of our popular three-day Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer classroom course.
This three-day self-paced course will help you implement an information security management system (ISMS), allowing your business to achieve and demonstrate compliance with key legislation where data security is essential.”
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation Training Course
Length: One Day
“Learn about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard. This popular course provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance, including:
- Understanding management system documentation and the requirements of ISO 27001
- Planning, scoping, and communicating throughout your ISO 27001 project
- The key steps involved in an ISO 27001 risk assessment”
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor Training Course
Length: 5 Days
“This fully accredited course equips you with the skills to conduct second-party (supplier) and third-party (external and certification) audits. Build your career as a lead auditor, lead a team of auditors and achieve compliance with ISO 27001.
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises, and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer, auditor, and consultant will:
- Help you understand best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011:2011 (Guidelines for auditing management systems)
- Show you how to use audits to monitor conformance to the Standard, ensure consistent implementation, and assess the effectiveness of continual improvement
- Help you gain experience of the practical application of ISO 27001 audit processes through discussion and role-play”
Incident Response Management Foundation Training Course
Length: One Day
“Cyber attacks are now classed as the top threat to organizations and are not something to ignore. It’s not just the financial loss but the damage to brand and reputation that businesses need to plan for.
This course will teach you how to:
- Identify critical information assets
- Identify and evaluate existing security controls
- Identify and distinguish between vulnerabilities, risks, and threats
- Perform a business impact analysis
- Plan and design an incident response management program
- Develop an incident response team
- Devise incident response testing scenarios
- Establish a framework for continual improvement”
You can learn more about what you need in cybersecurity through our Identity Management Buyer’s Guide.
Solutions Review participates in affiliate programs. We may make a small commission from products purchased through this resource.
- Identity Management Lessons from the UC San Diego Health Attack - July 28, 2021
- The Biggest IAM News Items During the First Half of 2021 - July 27, 2021
- When is it Time to Replace Your Homegrown Identity Management? - July 26, 2021