Cohesity recently announced major software advancements to Cohesity DataPlatform that bring modern data management capabilities to all-flash solutions from key alliance partners Cisco and HPE. Cohesity DataPlatform now includes new I/O Boost technology that drives greater data consolidation, lowers total cost of ownership, and delivers fast performance for backing up and deriving insights from data in all-flash environments.
Cohesity consolidates secondary storage silos onto a hyperconverged, web-scale data platform that supports both public and private clouds. The vendor’s storage solution enables users to streamline their backup and data protection, and then converge file and object services, test/dev instance, and analytic functions to provide a global data store. Cohesity provides a single platform, a single GUI, and an app ecosystem, as well as machine learning capabilities. The provider offers two hyperconverged platforms; C3000 and C4000, as well as its distributed file system solution, Cohesity SpanFS.
Powered by the new I/O Boost technology in Cohesity DatPlatform, the solution provides benefits such as:
- Higher throughput and bandwidth capabilities of flash media combined with Cohesity’s technology mean fewer licensed nodes needed to meet performance and usable capacity needs.
- Meet demanding service level agreements with flash-optimized performance that accelerates data management tasks, particularly for faster metadata-intensive operations.
- Users have the flexibility of choosing certified all-flash enterprise servers that suit their business needs, specifically Cisco UCS C220 M5, HPE ProLiant DL360 G10, Dell PowerEdge R640, and Intel Server System R1208WF.
In a press statement, Chris Powers, VP and GM of collaborative platform development at HPE Storage, said, “numerous organizations around the world have successfully leveraged HPE expertise to transition their primary storage to all-flash. HPE ProLiant DL360 Server for Cohesity DataPlatform now allows organizations to also transition other data and applications to all-flash, and do so with the world’s most secure industry-standard server as the foundation. HPE and Cohesity together are enabling organizations to optimize their data protection approach, increase dev/test agility, and enhance compliance with NVMe all-flash and I/O Boost.”
Learn more about Cohesity.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Pure Storage Enters Agreement to Acquire Portworx - September 16, 2020
- Cloudian’s HyperStore Object Storage is Now Flash-Optimized - September 10, 2020
- Western Digital Launches ArmorLock Security Platform - September 8, 2020