IQMS, a leading manufacturing ERP software and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) provider, announced a new comprehensive Track and Trace module to its ERP platform. IQMS did this to address the growing demand for a proven track and traceability framework for manufacturers across a range of industries.
According to the company, the Track and Trace module is a web-enabled suite of tools that allows IQMS customers to quickly find critical information related to recall and analysis for lot traceability, time-sensitive materials and expiration dates, sales order status, and more. Featuring modern search functionality, it expands manufacturers’ ability to search for various types of data, including shipment serial number and purchase order receipt to the lot level, packing slip, work order, and label number among others.
Additionally, manufacturers can take advantage of product groupings and drill down capabilities to quickly track the location of an item, component, or raw material, as well as its status and supplier source. At the same time, Track and Trace is designed to easily share key data with manufacturers, and built-in, item-based security lets customers selectively choose which data elements they prefer to share.
Track and Trace supports a range of track and traceability requirements faced by manufacturers across different industries today, including the ability to:
- Improve production scheduling with visibility into products, parts, components and subassemblies availability and inventory levels.
- Gain greater visibility into the product lifecycle to discover how a defective part was first introduced into production.
- Easily identify finished goods, components, and raw materials associated with a recall by lot number, serial number, and other identifiers as they move up and down the supply chain.
- And more.
“Implementing a track and traceability framework has been a standard best practice among highly regulated industries for years. However, with quality and short time-to-delivery now top factors in defining manufacturers’ success, more companies are employing track and trace to quickly identify and mitigate issues before they impact their customers,” said Gary Nemmers, IQMS CEO. “With our new IQMS Track and Trace module, we are empowering these manufacturing businesses with powerful, web-enabled tools for ensuring the quality of products, enhancing communications with customers and suppliers, and providing the reporting and auditing trails required for compliance.”
Looking for more? Download our ERP buyers guide for free and compare the top-24 products available on the market with full page vendor profiles. The guide includes four key capabilities to look for in an ERP solution, plus five questions to ask yourself and five questions to ask the software provider before purchasing. It’s the perfect resource for anyone looking for the right ERP for their business/organization.
- The 4 Top ERP Vendors to Be Paying Attention To This Year - March 9, 2021
- The ERP Software Guide and How to Choose The Best One - March 5, 2020
- 3 Security Features to Protect Your ERP Data - March 4, 2020