QAD, a leading provider of enterprise software and services for global manufacturing companies, recently unveiled new mobile, vertical and global updates to its cloud-based ERP offering, the latest in QAD’s multi-year project focused on making manufacturing ERP flexible and simple.
This multi-year mission to make ERP an adaptable enterprise-wide program that is role-based and easy to use started back in 2015 when the company released the first phase of its Channel Islands Project, an initiative that would give users of the QAD Cloud ERP access to an effective, device-independent user experience for sales order processing, requisition approvals and more.
Last year, phase two was released – called Santa Cruz – which included an activity feed for conversations in the system around topics such as customer or supplier invoices. This year, QAD will present phase three of the Channel Islands Project, titled Santa Rosa, along with deeper vertical industry focus and compliance capabilities that track global and local regulations for financial reporting.
According to Bill Keese, Senior VP of research and development for QAD, the major focus of these new enhancements to QAD Cloud ERP and the release of Santa Rosa is on usability and mobility.
“Demonstrating our commitment on continuous improvement, this release focuses on important enhancements to our solutions, extending our Channel Islands user experience and deeper vertical industry focus. We continue to improve the underlying technology and architecture while launching many new features,” added Keese.
Santa Rosa is available with enhancements including:
- Product-wide: Full process map integration, security enhancements, additional microservices, extended personalization capabilities and additional mobile support.
- Supply chain: Enhanced vendor management functionality: QAD Supplier Portal and QAD Global Requisition System to enhance mobile access capabilities.
- Manufacturing: New product structures have been added to the Channel Islands ensuring consistent user experience.
- Customer Management: New action requests provide simplified request management for customer service interactions. Enhanced functionality has been added for CRM integration as well.
QAD also announced an important update to its vertical focus. For years, QAD has met the distinct needs of manufacturers in six industries: automotive, consumer products, food & beverage, high technology, industrial and life sciences. Recognizing that each of those six industries is composed of distinct types of manufacturers, QAD has refined its solution design to address the unique needs of each of these types of manufacturer. Now, the company offers a distinct solution for 24 vertical segments within those six industries.
- The 4 Top ERP Vendors to Be Paying Attention To This Year - March 9, 2021
- The ERP Software Guide and How to Choose The Best One - March 5, 2020
- 3 Security Features to Protect Your ERP Data - March 4, 2020