Cloud ERP provider for manufacturing, distribution and supply chain organizations, Rootstock Software, today launched an ERP Connector between its Cloud ERP solution and Salesforce Field Service Lightning. Rootstock will unveil the benefits of this connector during a Dreamforce 2019 (San Francisco, Nov. 19 – 22) session entitled “Improve Margins & the Financial Management of Your Field Service Organization” on Nov. 20 and at its booth #630.
Today, many manufacturers want to manage field service operations as an independent business unit with its own profit and loss – or at least more closely oversee the revenue and expenses related to these operations. Consequently, they need to equip their field service departments with the tools and data needed to enhance profitability, administrative efficiency, and customer service.
“Field service managers are often disconnected from financial information and struggle to control and manage their financial performance,” said Tom Brennan, CMO of Rootstock Software.
According to the announcement, Rootstock’s ERP Connector provides the following key features and capabilities, which support financial management of field service operations:
- Create invoices from work orders: While field service has always been able to create and manage work orders, disconnection from a company’s ERP often resulted in manual processes that were prone to administrative error, process delays and customer satisfaction issues. Now, with Rootstock’s ERP Connector, companies can generate invoices from work orders with a click of the mouse. Invoices can be generated in a more timely and accurate fashion. In addition, manufacturers have the integrated information they need to improve cash flow and collections.
- Leverage a 360 degree view of costs to enhance financial results: The Rootstock ERP Connector helps to track the costs of parts and labor at the invoice level. Field service managers are able to monitor gross profit margins by invoice, work order and customer. When billing for field services, managers can choose from flexible pricing options from within Rootstock’s Cloud ERP. Greater visibility into costs and more pricing options help facilitate improved revenue and profitability.
“Now, with our ERP Connector, they have this data at their fingertips, so they’ll have more visibility into and control over the finances of their operations. Our connector enables them to streamline administrative functions, such as generating invoices, and at the same time, it can enhance invoicing accuracy, which bolsters customer experience and satisfaction,” added Brennan.
Looking for more? Download our Enterprise Resource Planning Buyers Guide for free to compare the top-24 products available on the market with full page vendor profiles, key capabilities, an ERP software market overview, our bottom-line analysis, and questions for prospective buyers.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Quirk (see all)
- ECI Software Solutions Announces New Integration with Macola ERP and NET1 - January 27, 2020
- The Top 14 Leading Distribution ERP Vendors to Watch in 2020 - January 23, 2020
- The Top 24 Leading Manufacturing ERP Vendors to Watch in 2020 - January 22, 2020