Okta has just announced a new evolution in their partnership with Box, to support contextual access management and secure employee access and data from every endpoint, meaning they’ve gone fully mobile. Box can now be accessed via Okta on any device so users do not have to put in their password when switching from desktop to mobile and while still keeping personal and corporate data separate. The integration provides IT leaders with centralized control over employee access to Box, empowering a productive and secure workforce.
With Okta and Box for EMM, IT organizations are able to securely enable mobile access to Box, set policies that define how and when users can access enterprise resources, and enforce enrollment in mobility management. Okta uses integrated identity and mobility management to protect enterprise data and simplify the end user experience through automated mobile app Single Sign-On (SSO) and unified provisioning across all endpoints. The integration also gives users a seamless, consistent experience across every device, ensuring employees have access to all their files, regardless of where they are accessing Box.
“Businesses operate in a reality where employees will access data whenever and wherever they’re best suited to get work done,” said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO, Box. “By working with partners like Okta, we’re helping enterprises adopt security tools that protect their business without compromising ease of use.”
Benefits to users:
- Access to enterprise-approved Box mobile application in two taps from the Okta Mobile App Store, eliminating the need to type in a username and password each time;
- Ability to utilize BYOD devices to access enterprise data securely;
- Keeping personal and enterprise data separate on a single device.
Benefits to IT organizations:
- Allow enterprises to restrict Box usage to company-approved mobile devices secured by Okta Mobility Management, ensuring devices are in compliance with security policies set by Okta before allowing access;
- Automatically configure the Box mobile app for end users, and enable easy access through Okta’s native mobile app SSO;
- Provision and manage access to Box from all endpoints with a single policy;
- Drive adoption of both Box and Okta Mobility Management.
EMM integration is available in preview, and will be in production on Wednesday March 23, 2016.