Enterprise SIEM vendor BlackStratus has announced the release of CYBERShark, a new SIEM-as-a-service (SIEMaaS?) offering aimed at the small to midsize business (SMB) market.
The New Jersey-based company, formerly known as netForensics has enjoyed success in the enterprise SIEM business, where it claims to have brought “proven enterprise-class security and compliance” to “thousands of large enterprise customers,” now aims to bring those capabilities to SMBs, at an affordable price, through the cloud.
Cybercriminals often attack small and midsized businesses to launch attacks against large enterprise targets because, in addition to their own data, most SMBs have access to partners’ computer systems and access to their valuable data and intellectual property. In a recent report by the National Security Alliance about the cybersecurity threats on SMBs, the following statistics were given: 71% of data breaches target small businesses; 69% of cyber attacks target retail and restaurants; 96% of data breaches target payment card data, and 60% of small businesses close within six months of experiencing a data breach.
Previously the SMB market was unable to afford advanced security and compliance technology—especially SIEM— because of its enormous cost. To remediate this, BlackStratus’s CYBERShark technology aims to offer SMBs an affordable solution that offers the same level of protection as the largest enterprises in the world.
“To directly address the growing number of cyber security breaches on small to midsize businesses, we developed CYBERShark, the industry’s first SMB security and compliance service that is both affordable and delivers the same level of protection as our large enterprise customers receive,” said Dale Cline, CEO of BlackStratus. “At BlackStratus we strive to be an innovator and leader in the cyber security market that transcends the boundaries of traditional on-premise solutions with innovative products that rapidly and dramatically improve security for organizations while leveraging the power of cloud computing to reduce the cost and complexity of maintaining a SIEM infrastructure.”
Here are a few of CYBERShark’s features, as listed in BlackStratus’s press release:
- Advanced architecture designed to cover complex regulatory compliance, business continuity and risk management needs
- Multi-tenancy support silos customer accounts and files, protecting privacy and data integrity
- Real-time attack visualization identifies zero-day attacks based on rules-based, vulnerability, statistical, and historical correlations
- Vulnerability correlation integrates data from detection systems, eliminating false positives and freeing up your team to focus on actual threats
- Unparalleled visibility in distributed networks to correlate activity in individual customer environments, identifying hidden threats, suspicious trends and other potentially dangerous behavior
- Sophisticated reporting tools for ISO, PCI, HIPAA, SOX and other compliance standards
CYBERShark is available now, with monthly subscriptions for reseller partners starting at $300 per month. For a limited time, MSPs can sign up for a free unlimited trial for internal use up to twenty-five devices.
Those of you looking for a more in-depth breakdown of the SIEM market may also be interested in the following resources:
Compare the capabilities of the top SIEM vendors with Gartner’s 2015-2016 SIEM Critical Capabilities Report. Get your copy here.
Widget not in any sidebars
- Five Questions You Need To Ask Yourself When Evaluating SIEM Solutions - November 8, 2017
- Winning the Data Breach War with User and Entity Behavioral Analytics - November 3, 2017
- 5 Alternatives to The Gartner Magic Quadrant for SIEM - October 31, 2017
2 thoughts on “BlackStratus Launches CYBERShark, a SIEM Solution For the SMB Market”