Analyst and research house Gartner, Inc., purveyors of the popular Magic Quadrant for SIEM, have announced the winners of the new Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). The Customer Choice Awards are a ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals on Gartner’s Peer Insights network, taking into account both the number of end-user reviews, and the overall user ratings.
Gartner Peer Insights is Gartner’s answer to the rise of crowdsourced review sites such as G2 Crowd—a crowdsourced review site of their own. With their Peer Insights program, Gartner is trying to present the collective experiences of thousands of qualified (and verified) tech buyers and end users who have already gone where you are headed. Perhaps most importantly, Gartner’s Peer Insights democratizes the evaluation process, allowing for vendors not typically included in Magic Quadrants and Critical Capabilities reports due to their stringent requirements. Gartner’s Peer Insights site on SIEM features over 500 reviews on 32 products—far more than considered in the Magic Quadrant and Critical capabilities reports.
The award winners for the SIEM market were named at the Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit.
LogRhythm is the Gold Award winner of the 2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards in SIEM, followed by LogPoint with the Silver Award, and Splunk with the Bronze.
In order to be considered for a Customer Choice Award, a Peer Insights category needs to have at least 300 reviews and more than seven vendors with more than 20 reviews. Awards are given to vendors based on these criteria:
- The vendor must have at least one product designated by Gartner’s research analysts as relevant to the market.
- The vendor must have at least 50 reviews published in that market during the submission period.
- Published reviews must pass Gartner’s validation, conflict of interest and moderation processes.
- Gold, silver, and bronze awards will be given to the top three vendors based on an algorithmic score.
“In interpreting reviews, it’s difficult for IT professionals to balance the number of reviews for a company versus a company’s overall rating. The Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards are designed to help end users navigate these issues to make better purchase decisions,” said Ken Davis, senior vice president of Products and Services at Gartner. “We work hard to ensure that all of the reviews are submitted by an IT professional or business user who has had experience purchasing, implementing, and/or using the enterprise solution they are reviewing — free from conflicts of interest.”
2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Award Winners in Security Information & Event Management
|Hewlett Packard Enterprise||Honorable Mention|
- Five Questions You Need To Ask Yourself When Evaluating SIEM Solutions - November 8, 2017
- Winning the Data Breach War with User and Entity Behavioral Analytics - November 3, 2017
- 5 Alternatives to The Gartner Magic Quadrant for SIEM - October 31, 2017