Veeam Software, leaders in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Data Backup Center and Disaster Recovery solutions, are renowned for providing innovations that deliver, “Availability for the Always-On Enterprise.” Recently the company announced the next generation of Availability: Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud.
Veeam recognized the need for continuous digital transformation process, one that will enable organizations to focus on migrating to a cloud-first strategy. The IDC reports that by 2019, most organizations around the world will need to complete the shift to a predominantly cloud-based IT environment to remain competitive.
In a move to address these challenges, Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud provides businesses and enterprises of all sizes with the capabilities to ensure availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads in the hybrid cloud. Businesses will benefit from the new release’s features, including:
- Enterprise Continuity: Recovery Service Level Objectives (SLOs) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data; Disaster Recovery (DR) orchestration
- Workload Mobility: Availability for workloads across any cloud or location, to maximize IT investments and increase flexibility
- Compliance & Visibility: Proactive monitoring, reporting, testing and documentation to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met
Peter McKay, President and COO at Veeam, explains the importance of the new technology in delivering the capabilities of a new era, where cloud is king.
“In today’s digital world, we know that nothing less than 24.7.365 access to data and applications is acceptable, and as enterprises embrace new technologies to deliver what their users demand, Veeam has yet again risen to the challenge. More than 200,000 Veeam customers have embraced our availability solutions over the past 10 years, and as we look to the future, Veeam Availability Platform dramatically expands our capabilities and market penetration. It marks a new era in how we address enterprise requirements for a comprehensive Availability solution for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads. It strengthens our position as a principal innovator and a leader in enterprise Availability for years to come.”
Veeam Availability Platform in Detail
Veeam Availability Platform delivers the next generation of availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads, providing:
- Private cloud and virtual server workload Availability with Veeam Availability Suite.
- Public cloud and physical server workload Availability with Veeam Agent for Linux and Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows.
- Disaster recovery orchestration with Veeam Availability Orchestrator.
- A cloud-enabled management console for service providers, managed cloud and distributed enterprise environments with Veeam Availability Console.