Micro Focus recently announced the release of OPTIC (Operations Platform for Transformation, Intelligence, and Cloud). The solution empowers IT operations with built-in, unlimited-use intelligence at the core and also offers the ability to optimize the cloud as a full partner. As businesses navigate the changing demands of the digital economy and seek to improve productivity for a dispersed workforce, Micro Focus OPTIC is designed to simplify the complexity of transforming IT to meet shifting expectations.
Micro Focus offers scalable solutions with built-in hybrid IT management analytics, security, and data management. The vendor merged with HPE in 2017 and now provides Data Protector, a comprehensive, centrally managed backup and recovery software for physical and virtual environments. Data Protector offers high-performing backup and recovery across various data repositories, applications, and remote sites in physical and virtual environments. It standardizes and consolidates backup and recovery processes so businesses can improve reliability, gain business resiliency, and reduce costs. The vendor also offers business process management solutions.
Key capabilities of Micro Focus OPTIC include:
- Unified process automation with embedded “best-practice” content that enhances productivity without the need for custom code.
- Discovery and topology for both cloud and on-prem environments that enable efficient management based on current configurations.
- A single interface for user self-service, backed by smart virtual agents, that improves response times and staff efficiency.
- Flexible deployment options and the ability to switch as needed. This includes deploying in the cloud, containers, as a Service, or on-prem.
- Modular building blocks and flexible licensing for on-demand functionality without unexpected costs.
In a press statement, Travis Greene, Senior Director of ITOM Product Marketing at Micro Focus, said, “an ideal IT platform should not compound complexity by creating technical debt for future maintenance, incurring extra cost for AI/ML or limiting your ability to manage across cloud and traditional environments. With Micro Focus OPTIC, companies can transform without any drama by harnessing the platform’s embedded intelligence and extending operational best practices while retaining cloud agility.”
The embedded intelligence at the core of Micro Focus OPTIC delivers broad analysis as it normalizes, stores and makes sense of all data produced by the various solutions found across IT environments, including most third-party monitoring tools.
To learn more about Micro Focus, click here.