Business process transformation solution provider, Signavio, recently released survey results revealing that over 80 percent of employees want their job responsibilities to remain the same, while 65 percent of respondents believe that new technology at work helps drive productivity. This study was conducted by Dynata, which surveyed over 1,000 U.S. consumers. The results show a general resistance to change, while also positively acknowledging technology’s impact in the workplace.
Most respondents to the survey suggested that they do not believe change within their company will help them to be more productive. This resistance to change indicates the need for organizations to implement technology and processes that improve productivity without hindering workflows. 56 percent of those surveyed stated that change makes them less productive, or does not affect their productivity. This suggests that businesses should ensure they are implementing changes that positively impact workflows and processes.
In a press statement, Alexandre Wentzo, SVP Americas at Signavio said, “it’s evident today’s workforce is skeptical of change, which creates a negative organizational impact if managed incorrectly. For businesses to drive successful change, they need to first look at how their internal processes are defined to truly understand how their organization operates. Once processes are better understood, new technology can be implemented to increase productivity and better utilize employees.”
Additional findings from the survey include:
- Only 44 percent of respondents said that change makes them happier.
- Automation is driving change — results show that 55 percent of respondents were aware of their business adopting new automation technologies.
- 85 percent of employees understand why an employer would make changes to their business.
- Businesses change slowly — 54 percent of consumers said their company did not make any changes to their policies or processes in the last year.
Learn more about Signavio.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Signavio Launches COVID-19 Response Package BPM Suite - April 2, 2020
- Kissflow Launches Two New Apps To Combat COVID-19 - April 1, 2020
- Creatio Offers Tools for Free to Organizations Fighting COVID-19 - March 30, 2020