Now that the new year is in full swing, we’re taking a look at things that may change in the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) space in 2017. And this webinar from AIIM breaks those alterations down in more detail.
Through their research, AIIM found seven key areas filled with advancements that they say will change the way enterprises manage information. The video also points out that Gartner is doing away with the term ECM, and not because it’s unimportant, but due to the fact the term is not fully encompassing.
Here are the seven areas touched upon in the webinar:
- ECM reality– multiple repositories
- Driven by end users and the business — relevant to companies of all sizes
- Compliance and risks everywhere and more complex
- Cloud now
- Focus on using content & extracting insight
- Starts small– metadata core
- Apps built on a consistent content strategy
Latest posts by Doug Atkinson (see all)
- Hyland Unveils New Contract Management Point Application Within OnBase - December 7, 2017
- How Enterprise Content Management Can Help With GDPR - December 5, 2017
- Amsphere Unveils Document Management Solution Powered by Xerox DocuShare - November 30, 2017