Cloudian recently announced support for container-based applications through a new Cloudian Kubernetes S3 Operator. This support provides a self-service tool for developers to dynamically provision Cloudian HyperStore S3-compatible object storage. IT managers can now modernize their storage infrastructure with a Kubernetes-enabled private cloud solution that utilizes the industry-standard S3 API to maximize application portability. By combining self-serve, multi-tenant storage agility with enterprise-grade scalability and security, Cloudian meets the needs of both DevOps and production workloads. This announcement extends Cloudian’s support for cloud-native environments.
Cloudian is an independent provider of object storage systems, offering S3 compatibility along with a partnership ecosystem. The vendor’s flagship solution, HyperStore, provides scalability, flexibility, and economics within the data center. Additionally, Cloudian’s data fabric architecture allows enterprises to store, find, and protect object and file data across sites. These processes can take place both on-prem and in public clouds within a single, unified platform.
Deployed with Cloudian’s HyperStore object storage platform, the Kubernetes S3 Operator provides an API-driven management environment to provision S3-compatible object storage. Other features and benefits of this solution include:
- Enterprise-Grade Security: Features include encryption, IAM, SAML, WORM, RBAC, and certification with rigorous regulatory requirements, such as Common Criteria, FIPS, and SEC Rule 17a-4(f).
- Exabyte Scalability: Starting from just three nodes and scaling up to an exabyte without interruption.
- Multi-Site and Multi-Cloud Support: Scale across multiple sites with single-namespace simplicity or extend into the public cloud using out-of-the-box integration with AWS, GCP, and Azure that maintains data in its native format.
In a press statement, Sanjay Jagad, director of products and solutions at Cloudian, said, “containers enable enterprises to develop new services more quickly, but traditional storage wasn’t designed for these modern workloads. So while other storage providers are pushing complex, management-heavy products based on legacy platforms, Cloudian delivers simplicity itself: the industry’s most compatible S3 API and a lightweight Kubernetes operator. Developers gain self-serve agility and application portability, while operations teams benefit from Cloudian’s exabyte scalability, hybrid cloud management, and exceptional value.”
Learn more about Cloudian.
- The 12 Best Public Cloud Storage Services to Consider for 2023 - October 22, 2022
- The 16 Best Primary Storage Arrays to Consider for 2023 - October 20, 2022
- The 14 Best Hyperconverged Infrastructure Solutions for 2023 - October 15, 2022