Nutanix recently announced that it has extended the Nutanix platform with new capabilities for big data and analytics applications, as well as unstructured data storage. These features, part of Nutanix Objects 2.0, include the ability to manage object data across multiple Nutanix clusters for achieving massive scale, increased object storage capacity per node, and formal Splunk SmartStore certification. These updates add to a cloud platform that is already optimized for big data applications, to deliver performance while also maximizing existing, unused resources.
Nutanix software delivers scale, simplicity, performance, and built-in automation to free data scientists and security teams to assist with extracting value from data. Additionally, by natively integrating object storage services with Nutanix’s HCI platform, IT professionals can better leverage unused resources to lower costs and streamline storage management and administration.
New capabilities for running big data workloads include:
- Increased scale-out object storage: Nutanix Objects 2.0 now features multi-cluster support in order to deliver massive scale object stores. Additionally, it allows IT to take advantage of unused storage capacity anywhere in their Nutanix environment to enhance storage economics.
- Deeper storage nodes: The platform now supports deeper, high-capacity nodes with up to 240 TB of storage, which enables multi-petabyte objects stores with a single Nutanix cluster.
- Improved security: Nutanix Objects 2.0 customers can now lock their content without necessarily enabling versioning to meet a range of regulatory and compliance mandates.
In a press statement, research director at IDC’s Storage team, Amita Potnis said, “digital transformation requires web-scale storage for enterprise workloads. Object storage is rapidly becoming the storage of choice for next-gen and big data applications. As object storage makes the leap from the cloud to the data center and mission-critical workloads, economics must be balanced with performance. Nutanix is known for flexibility and simplicity. Multi-cluster support and certification with Splunk SmartStore with Nutanix Objects will allow for massive scale at the right price and performance that these workloads require.”
Learn more about Nutanix.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Three Common Object Storage Myths Debunked - July 14, 2020
- Western Digital Extends HDD Tech into Family of Data Center Solutions - July 8, 2020
- DDN Accelerates Data Storage with NVIDIA Supercomputer - July 1, 2020