Red Hat, Inc. has launched new data resilience capabilities for cloud-native workloads with the release of Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage 4.6. This new offering from Red Hat Data Services enables users to extend their existing data protection platforms and infrastructure to enhance data resilience for cloud-native workloads across hybrid and multi-cloud environments. As organizations turn to Kubernetes technology to support business-critical applications, many IT businesses will also have to handle the increased demand for integrated scalability and data resilience.
Red Hat is a software provider that offers open-source software products to the enterprise community. The vendor provides operating system platforms, along with middleware, applications, and management solutions, as well as support, training, and consulting services. Red Hat provides Red Hat Ceph Storage, an open-source software product supporting block, object storage access and file access, as well as the underlying storage for Red Hat’s data analytics infrastructure solution and Red Hat Hyperconverged Infrastructure for Cloud. The platform supports modern workloads like cloud infrastructure, data analytics, media repositories, and backup and restore systems.
Integrated with Red Hat OpenShift, the provider’s enterprise Kubernetes platform, Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage 4.6 offers enhanced data resilience features, including:
- Snapshot functionality orchestrated by the Container Storage Interface (CSI) for customizable, point-in-time snapshots and clones of persistent data volumes.
- OpenShift APIs for Data Protection to restore data and applications that run in container pods. The OpenShift APIs for Data Protection operator allows Red Hat’s business partner ecosystem to integrate their data protection solutions with OpenShift.
- Broad support from an ecosystem of leading backup vendor solutions, such as IBM Spectrum Protect Plus, which provides data resilience for containerized applications running in Red Hat OpenShift and Kubernetes; TrilioVault for Kubernetes; and Kasten K10 by Veeam.
In a media statement, Ashesh Badani, senior vice president of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat, said, “as businesses look to OpenShift for their cloud-native applications and data needs, data resilience is one of the key challenges that Red Hat helps to address for them with the latest release of Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage. With our support of CSI-enabled snapshots and OpenShift API for Data Protection, Red Hat is enabling customers to natively achieve data resilience without having to replace their existing data protection infrastructure.”
To learn more about Red Hat, click here.
- The 9 Best Cloud Storage Courses on Udemy to Consider for 2022 - July 14, 2022
- The 6 Best Cloud Storage Courses on LinkedIn Learning to Take in 2022 - July 14, 2022
- The 14 Best External Solid State Drives for 2022 - July 14, 2022