Check Point Software has announced a new security solution for Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Check Point vSEC for Google Cloud Platform. According to the company, vSEC for Google Cloud Platform delivers advanced security that is built for agile and scalable cloud environments.With this release, Check Point also joins the Google Cloud Technology Partner Program.
“We are excited to offer vSEC cloud security for Google Cloud Platform,” said Erez Berkner, director of product management, Check Point. “vSEC cloud security provides powerful threat prevention which scales automatically as your business grows. Security automatically adapts to dynamic changes in the cloud environment enabling DevOps and security teams to place security on auto-pilot and to uniformly extend security controls across all clouds.”
Check Point vSEC for Google Cloud Platform extends advanced, multi-layered security to protect workloads in the cloud from external attacks while enabling secured connectivity from on-premise enterprise networks to Google Cloud Platform. Additionally, it prevents the lateral movement of threats between servers hosted inside the cloud. Designed for the dynamic security requirements of cloud deployments, vSEC automatically scales as needed and enhances visibility by integrating Google Cloud Platform objects into security policy and logs.
Key highlights include:
- Advanced Threat Prevention protects cloud assets against external and internal threats. vSEC complements Google Cloud Platform’s native controls by securing traffic with comprehensive multi-layer security.
- Automated and agile security at the speed of DevOps dynamically scales and grows with business needs improving operational efficiency and enabling business elasticity. vSEC is rapidly deployed and provisioned using Single-click provisioning from the Google Cloud Marketplace. On-demand deployment and usage-based (Pay-as-you-Grow model) licensing lowers TCO of cloud deployments.
- Single Pane of Glass Security Management for public and private cloud as well as on-premise physical networks ensures consistent policy management and visibility across cloud infrastructures. Security policy, logging and reporting leverages Google Cloud Platform defined objects enhancing visibility.
- Any Cloud, Any Service – Always Secure – The industry’s broadest cloud platform support and the only Advanced Threat Prevention security solution for any cloud environment – public, private or hybrid – AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware, Cisco, OpenStack, Nuage Networks and now Google Cloud Platform.
- Six Endpoint Security Vendors to Watch in 2018 - November 28, 2017
- Bitdefender Releases Cloud-Based Endpoint Detection and Response Tool - November 13, 2017
- CrowdStrike Adds Vulnerability Management Module to It’s Endpoint Protection Platform - November 10, 2017