Identity is the top cybersecurity concern of the modern digital age.
It’s tempting for some professionals who remember the earliest days of cybersecurity to think that endpoint security is still the end-all and be-all of digital safety. But while malware can still pose a threat to enterprises and prevention is still important, according to IAM solution provider Centrify, identity is what counts most nowadays.
This isn’t surprising. Managing digital identities carries serious consequences for enterprises:
- Unmonitored third-party credentials can leave an unsecured route for hackers to infiltrate your network.
- Onboarding and offboarding employees have become more complicated with the need to provide or revoke the correct privileges immediately.
- Inappropriate access can threaten the integrity of your proprietary data and assets via accidental or deliberate insider threats.
- Privileged users’ credentials can jeopardize your entire IT environment if they have unnecessary access or if their credentials are stolen.
- Weak passwords or weak authentication protocols can lay out the welcome mat for threat actors.
The major takeaway is this: your enterprise needs an identity and access management solution. Deploying one will help you control the access your employees, privileged users, and customers have in your network, monitor their behavior, and revoke unnecessary privileges if need be.
This, in turn, means you need to select the right IAM solution for your enterprise. And how can you do that without comparing the top identity and access management solutions?
Comparing the Top Identity and Access Management Solutions
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to identity and access management. Identity solutions come in a variety of flavors— from privileged access management (PAM) to identity governance and administration (IGA) and biometric authentication (BA).
Each solution features a particular set of capabilities, strengths, and drawbacks. Choosing the right vendor and solution is a complicated process—one that requires in-depth research and often comes down to more than just the solution and its technical capabilities.
Here at Solutions Review, it’s our job to help simplify that process. To that end, we’ve created a variety of buyer resources and articles to speed your evaluation of enterprise cybersecurity solutions.
In our classic Identity and Access Management Buyer’s Guide, we offer readers a full market overview for comparing the top identity and access management solutions. This includes company and product profiles and best use cases for the top 32 IAM vendors, ten questions for prospective IAM buyers, and our bottom line analysis for each.
We’ve done the same for:
- The top 11 PAM vendors in our Privileged Access Management Buyer’s Guide.
- The top 17 IGA solution providers in the Identity Governance and Administration Buyer’s Guide.
- The top 4 BA vendors in the Biometrics Authentication Buyer’s Guide.
Your enterprise may be most concerned with securing super-user accounts (PAM), management of digital roles (IGA), or modern authentication (BA). Only by comparing the top identity and access management solutions can you determine what your enterprise most needs to secure its digital identities.
The Solution Review Identity Resources
Solutions Review also offers an Identity Management Fact Book, which offers a high-altitude snapshot of the top IAM vendors with vital data on each company’s maturity, longevity, business model, size, geographic reach, workforce, user base, notable clients, and financials.
Our coverage of this marketplace is rounded out by our Identity Management Vendor Map. In this resource, we’ve mapped the Top 20 Identity Management solution providers for IDaaS, Identity Governance, and Privileged Access Management across a Venn diagram to make it easier to start comparing the top identity and access management solutions.
The IAM, PAM, IGA, and Biometric Authentication vendors covered in our suite of buyer’s resources include Avatier, Balabit, BetaSystems, Tools4Ever, Bitium, CA Technologies, Centrify, Core Security, Covisint, CrossMatch, Cyberark, Fischer Identity, ForgeRock, IBM, Identity Automation, iWelcome, ManageEngine Microsoft, NetIQ, Okta, Omada, One Identity, Onelogin, Optimal IdM, Oracle, Ping Identity, Propentus, Quest, RSA, SailPoint, Salesforce, Simeio, ThreatMetrix, Thycotic, Ubisecure, UXP Systems, and Xton Technologies.
If you’re beginning the process of buying your first IAM solution, or if you’re looking for something a little different than what you already have, we hope these are the perfect resources to get you started on comparing the top identity and access management solutions—and selecting the right solution for your enterprise.
- The Best Identity Governance Tools and Vendors in 2023 - December 31, 2022
- The Best Privileged Access Management Providers for 2023 - November 1, 2022
- The 10 Best Free and Open-Source Identity Management Tools - October 15, 2022