Yesterday, identity and access management solution provider One Identity Released the results of their Assessment of Identity and Access Management in 2018 study. This global research polled more than 1,000 enterprise-level IT security professionals on their challenges and fears in IAM and PAM deployment. Through their research, One Identity discovered widespread identity security implementation failures in enterprises around the world.
Identity security failures and privileged access management failures can both result in database exposure. The key findings from the One Identity Assessment of Identity and Access Management in 2018 include:
- 31% of enterprises rely on outdated processes (including manual methods and spreadsheets) to manage their privileged and/or superuser credentials.
- 5% of enterprises have no way of knowing if user accounts retain their permissions after undergoing offboarding.
- 68% of IT professionals said it takes at least 5 minutes to unlock a user account if the password is lost or forgotten.
- 9% admit password resetting often takes more than 30 minutes, cutting into productive workdays.
- 32% of enterprises take somewhere between several days to multiple weeks to deprovision former users during the offboarding process.
- 44% of enterprises take several days to multiple weeks to complete the onboarding process.
- 77% of IT professionals said it would easy to steal valuable digital assets and information if they were to leave their enterprise.
- 12% admitted they would if they were sufficiently upset at their enterprise.
You can download the full One Identity Assessment of Identity and Access Management in 2018 study here.
- The Best Books for Identity Security Available Now - September 16, 2021
- Authentication Apps: Best of 2021 and Beyond from Solutions Review - September 15, 2021
- Authentication Platforms: Best of 2021 and Beyond from Solutions Review - September 14, 2021