This morning, identity and access management solution provider Ping Identity released the Ping Identity 2018 Enterprise Survey: The State of Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Security. The survey reveals the current data breach climate curtails enterprise efforts to embrace Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud adoption.
In fact, 300 enterprise-level IT and security professionals surveyed said safety proved the biggest obstacle to SaaS and cloud adoption. Enterprises feel they must prioritize the protection of their customers’ data instead of digitally transforming.
Ping Identity’s other key findings on the impact of data breaches’ on SaaS and cloud adoption include:
- Only 21% of professional say that more than half of their infrastructure is hosted on the public cloud.
- 15% say SaaS comprises more than one half of their infastructure.
- 43% say security is the biggest obstacle to cloud adoption.
- 33% say it is the biggest barrier to SaaS adoption.
What Can Overcome Cloud Adoption Fears?
Part of the issue appears to be a disconnect between knowledge of effective cloud identity management and protection and its actual usage.
As an example, 90% of respondents know multifactor authentication as an effective tool to secure identity data on public clouds. Yet only 60% of respondents say their enterprise actually uses multifactor authentication in its authorization.
The same discrepancy recurs when discussing single sign-on and identity federation.
Richard Bird, Chief Customer Information Officer at Ping Identity, offered his perspective in a press release. “With security as the biggest barrier to cloud and SaaS adoption, it’s no wonder we’re seeing enterprises prioritize their security investment—especially following a year that was defined by data breaches.”
“Safeguarding customer, proprietary and partner data is more important than ever for enterprises seeking to build trust and transition to a more hybrid IT infrastructure,” he added.
You can read the full press release on the Ping Identity 2018 Enterprise Survey: The State of Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Security here.
- The Best Books for Identity Security Available Now - September 16, 2021
- Authentication Apps: Best of 2021 and Beyond from Solutions Review - September 15, 2021
- Authentication Platforms: Best of 2021 and Beyond from Solutions Review - September 14, 2021