Mobile security is of the utmost importance in an Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solution, particularly if your business has implemented a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy. BYOD opens up the possibility of human error, leading to lost devices and security breaches, among other things. As a preventative security measure, we’ve put together some tips on what makes a good mobile security strategy.
- Mobile cybersecurity can’t simply be tacked onto an already existing cybersecurity domain. The mobile security solution must be conceived with the rest of the overall enterprise strategy, plan, and architecture. Mobile security is essential and should be part of the general security plan from the beginning.
- Though mobile security is vital, the security needs of the enterprise as a whole should not be left by the wayside. Only focusing on one portion of security leaves you open to attacks. The requirements for each part of the enterprise’s security, including mobility, should balance and complement each other in order to have strong cybersecurity.
- Remember that mobile security can consist of more than just mobile devices, such as cell phones, wearables, and laptops. By connecting the security strategies being developed for the Internet of Things to those being developed for mobility, you can implement a more integrated security platform.
- Think about putting biometrics like vocal recognition, fingerprint scanning, and retina scanning into practice as a way to authentically identify users. Though in the past, there have been difficulties with this technology, the rapid growth of the use of mobile devices has caused significant improvements in it.
- Make sure all of your hardware and software in your environment are up to date. In doing this, you ensure that the performance, security, and stability of every part of your enterprise is in peak condition.
Consider the value of having a well-built mobile security strategy. Mobile security has become a necessity in our technological climate. Because of the variables that BYOD and corporate device use introduce, the critical data located on mobile devices needs to be insured.
- Gartner Announces Unified Endpoint Management Tools Peer Insights Customers’ Choice Winners - April 22, 2019
- Microsoft Acquires Express Logic to Accelerate IoT Development - April 19, 2019
- Standalone MAM vs. AppConfig MAM: Pros and Cons - April 18, 2019