In other words, do current cybersecurity trends indicate improved enterprise information security? The answer to this question offers significant insights into how enterprises need to proceed with their own cybersecurity strategies.
A recent study by cybersecurity and application delivery solution provider Radware gives us some answers concerning cybersecurity trends. Here are some key takeaways from the “2019 C-Suite Perspectives: From Defense to Offense, Executives Turn Information Security Into a Competitive Advantage” report.
Cybersecurity Trends Show Improved Awareness
Indeed, part of Radware’s findings indicates most enterprises now recognize the increasing prevalence of digital security threats:
- 45% of surveyed executives cite the loss of customers as a serious consequence of a cybersecurity incident.
- Meanwhile, 44% cite damage to the brand and its reputation.
- 32% recognize the direct damage a cybersecurity breach can have on revenue and operations.
Moreover, the report highlights the early steps enterprises take to stay secure:
- 72% of executives surveyed say they now discuss InfoSec issues at every board meeting.
- Additionally, 75% report including cybersecurity as a key part of their marketing messages.
- 50% of enterprises offer dedicated security products and services to their customers.
Overall, this indicates knowledge of cybersecurity trends is having a positive impact. However, Radware’s findings don’t prove uniformly rosy.
Awareness May Not Translate Into Action
Unfortunately, a disconnect exists between the knowledge of cybersecurity threats and the effectiveness of cybersecurity policies.
Indeed, Radware also found 70% of senior executives in North America and Europe reported suffering a cyber attack within the past year. Additionally, 73% of executives indicate struggling with unauthorized access to their public cloud databases.
Finally, 53% of surveyed American enterprises suffered a breach within the past year. Above all, these cybersecurity trends must move in a different direction if enterprises aim to secure themselves.
Latest posts by Ben Canner (see all)
- Why Network Packet Captures Should Matter to CIOs and CISOs - July 15, 2019
- Key Findings from Gartner’s 2019 Market Guide for SOAR - July 9, 2019
- VIDEO: The Evolution of SIEM (And Why It Matters) - July 9, 2019