Solutions Review presents By the Numbers: Business SIEM in 2020. Every year places new and evolving challenges at the feet of cybersecurity solutions. Thus, providers constantly work to uncover and incorporate the most up-to-date threat intelligence and adjust their solutions accordingly.
However, for optimal SIEM in 2020, you need to understand the threat landscape and make your own adjustments. Hence, we compiled some of the most critical statistics and studies in SIEM and cybersecurity. Take a look.
By the Numbers: Business SIEM in 2020
The 2020 State of the Phish Report from Proofpoint:
- 88 percent of global organizations suffered attacks by business email compromise and spear-phishing attacks in 2019.
- 55 percent—of surveyed organizations dealt with at least one successful phishing attack in 2019.
- 65 percent of surveyed professionals said their organization experienced ransomware infection in 2019.
- 78 percent also reported that security awareness training activities resulted in reductions in phishing targets.
- 88 percent of security professionals say the world is in a permanent state of cyber war.
- 90 percent expressed concern about the risk for digital infrastructure as a result, as it could suffer the most damage.
- 60 percent of security professionals say power, water, healthcare, and transportation remain equally vulnerable to a cyberattack that causes physical damage.
Securonix 2020 Insider Threat Report by Securonix
- More than 80 percent of employees planning to leave their job bring data with them.
- Flight-risk individuals were involved in roughly 60 percent of all insider threats.
- The exfiltration of sensitive data is the most common insider threat, present in 62 percent of all cases.
Exploring Common Threats to Cloud Security by Trend Micro
- “Cloud misconfiguration” represents the most prominent cause of cloud security issues for businesses.
- Trend Micro identifies 230 million misconfigurations on average every day.
Learn more in our SIEM Buyer’s Guide.
Latest posts by Ben Canner (see all)
- What Generated Data Should Your SIEM Ingest? - July 13, 2020
- Key Findings: 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Security Information Event Management (SIEM) - July 10, 2020
- 2020 Vendors to Know: SOAR - July 8, 2020