Data protection solution provider, Acronis, has announced a $147 million investment round led by Goldman Sachs. The investment round sets the valuation of the company to more than one billion dollars and allows Acronis to grow its engineering team in Singapore, Arizona, and Bulgaria, build additional data centers, and grow through acquisitions. In addition to this, Acronis will use the capital to facilitate the business growth in North America in partnership with Acronis SCS, an independent software vendor and distributor for the public sector.
In a press statement, founder and CEO of Acronis, Serguei Beloussov said, “we are excited about Goldman Sachs’ investment. In 2018, Acronis achieved 20 percent business growth, and in 2019 it is on track for over 30 percent growth with the Acronis Cyber Cloud business growing by over 100 percent. Recently we announced the Acronis Cyber Platform, enabling third-parties to customize, extend, and integrate our cyber protection solutions to the needs of their customers and partners. The investment round led by Goldman Sachs will help us to fast-track the product development through acquisitions of companies and additional resources, and accelerate the growth.”
With the funding round led by Goldman Sachs, Acronis can increase its engineering capabilities and acquire new teams and technologies to facilitate the development of the Acronis tools:
- Acronis Cyber Protection solutions for data safety, privacy, authenticity, accessibility, and security.
- Acronis Cyber Platform that allows third-party developers to customize, extend, and integrate cyber protection into their platforms.
- Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, which delivers a cost-efficient and secure environment for running cyber protection solutions and data storage.
- Acronis Cyber Architecture that guarantees data privacy and gives users complete control of data location.
- Acronis Cyber cloud, which gives service providers and enterprise IT the ability to deliver cyber protection services to end customers.
Holger Staude, Vice President of GS Growth also added, “we are excited to invest in Acronis at this stage of rapid growth. The traditional backup and data protection market is changing due to an innovative solution delivered efficiently by Acronis Cyber Protection through a vast channel of service providers.”
The investment round will assist Acronis with accelerating delivery of the vision of cyber protection, which puts traditional data protection and cybersecurity into one integrated solution, addressing all Five Vectors of Cyber Protection: ensuring the Safety, Accessibility, Privacy, Authenticity, and Security of data (SAPAS).
To read Acronis’ full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Study From Datrium: Ransomware is a Growing Threat to Data Centers - November 13, 2019
- Carbonite To Be Acquired by OpenText for $1.42 Billion - November 12, 2019
- Actifio VDP 9.0 Attains Certified Integration with SAP HANA - November 7, 2019