Backup and recovery solution provider for enterprises and managed service providers, Bacula Systems, recently announced its module for Docker Containers. This makes Bacula the first backup and recovery software provider to offer fully automated, integrated, and comprehensive backup of Docker. Designed to simplify the workloads of IT and DevOps departments through the use of container technology based on docker, SUSE CaaS, or OpenShift, this is the first in a series of technology announcements Bacula Systems will make in the first half of 2019 regarding containers, including Kubernetes.
Bacula Systems has also announced that the module would be made available free with its Bacula Enterprise Edition Bronze level subscriptions and above.
In a press statement, CEO of Bacula Systems, Frank Barker said, “DevOps and other IT departments urgently need a complete, enterprise-grade backup and restore solution for Containers. Bacula is the first to market with its fully automated solution for Docker and it brings a variety of functions and features, all of which result in saved time, saved money, and more power to organizations already exploiting containers in their business. More announcements providing a breadth of backup solutions in the orchestration of containers will be coming soon.”
Bacula Enterprise software is aimed to assist organizations in deploying the solution for their entire physical, virtual, cloud, and hybrid environments, regardless of architecture, all from a single platform.
The main features of Bacula Docker Module are:
- Backup and recovery of Docker containers configuration, volumes, and images;
- A fully integrated solution, adhering to Docker philosophy and methodology;
- Complete automation for rapid roll-out of container protection strategies;
- Fully effective integration, using Docker API;
- Free of charge with Bronze Level Subscriptions and above;
- Image saving, image rollback and backup of image changes, and
- Fine grained control over what containers and images to back up.
Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Bacula, Aristide Caraccio, added, “Bacula Enterprise Edition is already the most broadly compatible, scalable backup solution in the industry for virtual environments. Today’s announcement takes Bacula’s exceptional flexibility even further.”
To read Bacula Systems’ full press release, click here.
- 5 Key Questions to Ask Backup and Disaster Recovery Providers - October 21, 2021
- Veritas Introduces NetBackup Recovery Vault Managed Cloud Storage Service - October 19, 2021
- Hornetsecurity Survey Reveals 21% of Companies Have Experienced a Ransomware Attack - October 18, 2021