Bacula Systems Adds Azure to Its Cloud Backup and Recovery Capabilities
Backup and recovery company Bacula Systems added Microsoft Azure Connectivity to its exclusive Cloud Minimal Restore Cost (MRC) functionality. This new cloud compatibility combined with unique cloud management tools, provides data centers with a flexible cloud-based backup and restore solution for their entire physical and virtual environments regardless of architecture – all from a single platform. Bacula Systems customers include NASA, Texas A&M University, Swisscom, Bank Austria and many more.
Widget not in any sidebars
Bacula Enterprise Edition is a highly scalable backup and recovery software for data centers and Managed Service Providers. Bacula’s offering makes it easier for It departments to predict costs when it comes to removing data from the cloud. This backup solution directly addresses the current challenge of managing significant increases in data volume by providing a low-cost subscription model that doesn’t charge by data volume.
Bacula offers more compatibility with diverse IT environments to a backup platform that is already especially customizable and flexible to fit the needs of medium and large data centers.
“Data centers now have the choice of using Microsoft Azure together with Bacula’s unique cloud backup and recovery tools. Physical, virtual and cloud combined backup strategies are becoming more commonplace and consequently, large enterprises, research laboratories, large hosting centers, and universities around the world are looking for a single backup and recovery platform that can readily do it all. Bacula enables IT departments to implement a modern solution that both limits costs, saves time and increases the predictability of costs,” said Frank Barker, CEO, Bacula Systems.
The main features of Bacula Enterprise Edition are:
- Integration with the Azure cloud platform
- Integrated with other public and private clouds via the S3 and S3-IA interface
- Granular control over data that needs to be restored from the cloud, significantly reducing operational exposure to cloud costs and boosting business agility
- A broad range of functionality throughout the entire platform designed to integrate physical and virtual environments with public, private and hybrid cloud data transfers, allowing more predictable costs
- Faster backup and restores to and from the cloud, at the lowest cost