Want to avoid apps that are slow to load, respond to input and drains battery life? Of course you do. And AT&T wants to help you by offering the best practices for building responsive and energy efficient apps.
AT&T’ Developer Program lists out its best practices for app efficiency:
- Understand Mobile Networks
- Handle Multiple Simultaneous TCP Connections
- Reduce Inefficient Connections with Periodic Transfers
- Deal with Connection Opening Problems
- Close Connections As Soon As Possible
- Offload to Wi-Fi
- Handle Duplicate Content and Caching
- Utilize Pre-fetching
- Manage Peripherals
- Upgrade from HTTP 1.0
- Handle Screen Rotations
- Comparing LTE and 3G Energy Consumption
- Content Optimization for Mobile Devices
The Best Practices Guidelines go into serious how-to detail for each of the bullet points above. If energy efficiency and responsiveness are important to you, then check it out by following this link.