Looker recently announced what they’re calling “a slew” of new features to their flagship analytics software. Highlights include Smart Caching, Advanced Time Zone Control, Personalized Scheduling, as well as brand new Timeline and Funnel Visualizations. According to the vendor, the update adds 60 new features and improvements for current users. Looker releases product updates on a four-wee release cycle at the beginning of each month.
Here’s a brief overview of the four main feature enhancements
- Smart Caching provides a set of options for users to keep their entire data pipeline in sync, ensuring dashboard ingestion of fresh data while minimizing database strain.
- User-Level Time Zone Control accounts or the time zone where data was collected and where it is being viewed. Administrators can control display time zones for entire dashboards or individual tiles.
- Personalized Scheduling allows users to schedule a single dashboard to many users and have every query’s results personalized for the recipient. Scheduled content can take account of personalized attributes like a user’s account list, team or location to get them relevant data with minimal work.
- New Visualizations include timeline charts to help users visualize events or processes happening over time. Looker’s Funnel Visualizations have also improved to give multiple options for visualizing the percentage of users who drop out between each stage of the funnel.
In a statement, the company’s VP of Product Colin Zima spoke to Looker’s methodology and the new features: “Our four-week release cycle is core to our engineering philosophy for two reasons: we believe in giving customers the features they want as soon as they’re ready, and iteration is only possible if you’re able to work from real usage data. The best part is, because we’re able to move so fast, customers get an even better version of a feature four weeks later.”
Read more about the new features in version 4.20 in the Looker blog.
Latest posts by Timothy King (see all)
- Explorium Nabs $31M Funding for Data Discovery-Powered Data Science - August 13, 2020
- Tableau 2020.3 Touts External Write to Database and Enhanced Data Prep - August 12, 2020
- Mode Analytics Nabs $33M Funding for Advanced Cloud Analytics - August 7, 2020