Business Process Management (BPM) solution provider, Appian has announced the acquisition of Novayre Solutions SL. The company is the developer of the Jidoka Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform. Jidoka is currently the highest-rated RPA software on Gartner Peer Insights. This acquisition allows Appian to deliver automation, as well as solutions for workflow, artificial intelligence, and robotic process automation.
In a press statement, CEO of Appian, Matt Calkins said, “Appian is extending our lead in low-code automation by adding RPA. Together, the products enable end-to-end process orchestration where humans, software robots, and AI all work together in a coordinated way.”
According to Forrester, the RPA market is projected to reach $12 billion by 2023, but many organizations are still in the early stages of RPA. Appian’s acquisition addresses this by offering capabilities such as:
- Automation: Appian will unify low-code development and robotic process automation into a single automation platform, allowing for the orchestration of all three agents of modern work — humans, bots, and artificial intelligence. Additionally, Appian’s case management capabilities are included.
- Governed robotic workforce: Appian will provide robotic process automation governance for the enterprise. Businesses will have the ability to manage robotic workforces from major RPA vendors, such as Blue Prism and UIPath. The business interfaces for managing robots are available on both the web and mobile devices. This includes monitoring, scheduling, and reporting.
- Enterprise-grade Robotic Process Automation: Robotic Process Automation from Appian will be Java RPA and cloud RPA. The new service will be available globally on the Appian cloud. Additionally, bot developers can leverage a Java Integrated Development Environment (IDE), which allows them to build sophisticated robots. They will also be able to incorporate artificial intelligence powered by Google, which extends robot use cases and simplifies bot management.
Victor Ayllon, CEO of Novayre also added, “our shared vision for automation makes this a natural fit for Novayre. By joining forces with Appian, we will make it easier for companies to adopt and deploy RPA at enterprise scale.”
Financial terms of this acquisition are not being disclosed.
To read Appian’s full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Camunda Enhances Developer Productivity with New Camunda Platform Release - April 13, 2021
- The Top 11 Robotic Process Automation Courses on LinkedIn Learning - April 8, 2021
- Creatio to Hold 10-day Low-Code Marathon Starting June 1st - April 7, 2021