ASG Technologies today unveiled a new report, “The Future of Enterprise Data: Democratized and Optimized.” This report compiles findings from a survey of 200 CIOs. It reveals that compliance remains a concern for enterprises. 50 percent reported their data management initiatives focus on compliance. 53 percent report they still have more to do regarding personal data management.
GDPR has exposed many enterprises to the difficulties of managing compliance regulations. America and other areas are bound to follow this example in some way. Balancing compliance with the importance of data management will determine success going forward.
35 percent of respondents report an increased investment in data governance in 2019, while 28 percent report they will invest more in data lineage.
Other notable survey findings are as follows:
- 70 percent of CIOs surveyed reported that they have deployed a self-service data catalog or business intelligence tool to enable business users to seamlessly access and leverage data.
- 50 percent of CIOs feel that better self-service data management tools could cut user requests for data in half.
- 81 percent of IT teams use enterprise data, compared to 64 percent of finance teams, 63 percent of marketing teams and 57 percent of business development teams.
- 66 percent of CIOs reported that only half of their organization’s assets are available digitally, and another 30 percent reported that only three-quarters of their data is available digitally.
“Organizations must know their data to know their business, but they must also trust their data and ensure they are complying with new privacy regulations,” said Swamy Viswanathan, chief product officer, ASG Technologies. “CIOs must balance the need for truth and trust with the opportunity to shape the business through data-driven insights by making data available to more users while meeting compliance requirements. This survey shows that CIOs are focusing on these important initiatives by applying more automation to data intelligence while also expanding access through self-service tools to find, understand and use the right data for the right task.”
The included CIOs come from large, U.S.-based organizations spanning several industries, including manufacturing, technology, financial services. The survey focused on the difficulties today’s organizations – and specifically their CIOs – face due to the volume of information available to them. Which becomes compounded due to pressures to comply in a tightening regulatory environment.
To download the full report, click here.
- Solutions Review Best of 2018: Top Container Security Articles - December 20, 2018
- Logicworks and AVANT Communications Announce Alliance - December 19, 2018
- A Look at the Container Lifecycle and How to Keep it Secure - December 14, 2018