Zendesk has recently released its Zendesk Startups CX Benchmark Report, documenting how early-stage startups that invest in CX can outperform their peers. The data shows that while there is no one-size-fits-all approach, startup success stories have one thing in common: the ability to provide more holistic support to customers from the beginning. The findings feature Zendesk Benchmark data from more than 4,400 early-stage startups from around the world, giving founders and CX leaders greater insight into how CX can benefit their business.
Zendesk is a service-first CRM company that builds support, sales, and customer engagement software designed to foster better customer relationships. Zendesk Sell offers users a comprehensive experience with a focus on sales force automation, striving to enhance pipeline visibility for sales teams and boost productivity in businesses large and small. This vendor offers mobile access, lead management and reporting, pipeline visualization, and more. Zendesk Sell is a great choice for companies that place heavy emphasis on rapid progression through sales pipelines.
The report identified six actions companies should focus on to operate like a fast-growing startup within their first two years, in order of priority:
- Set up a customer support function that prioritizes speed and convenience for both your customers and service team
- Add live channels, such as phone and chat, which are faster alternatives to email and web ticketing
- Launch messaging channels, like social media and WhatsApp, to reach customers on the channels they use in their day-to-day lives
- Establish an FAQ or help center, and include at least 30 articles that answer frequently asked questions
- Introduce at least one new app or integration to your customer support platform every six months to increase support agent productivity and streamline workflows
- Keep first reply times and resolution times down to three to eight hours
“It’s natural to prioritize your product at the beginning of your startup journey, but not to think about how you sell to or support your customers,” says Kristen Durham, Vice President, Startups at Zendesk. “We know CX directly impacts customer loyalty and retention, and whether you are a first-time founder, serial entrepreneur, or customer support leader looking to improve business performance, our data shows that the sooner you put customers at the center of your plans, the faster you’ll be setting yourself up for long-term success.”