Trifacta recently announced the launch of Wrangler Edge, a new solution designed for analyst teams wrangling diverse data outside of Big Data environments. Wrangler Edge is designed to enhance the functionality of the free desktop edition with support for multiple users, larger data volumes, broader connectivity, cloud and on-premise deployment options and the ability to schedule and operationalize workflows. Trifacta introduced the first iteration of its Wrangler software in 2015, and it has seen broad adoption across 4,000 companies in 132 countries across the globe.
With this release, the company complements existing Wrangler and Wrangler Enterprise product portfolios by offering a set of data wrangling solutions tailored to fit the scale and deployment needs of organizations. Using Wrangler, individual users can get started quickly and prepare diverse files on their desktop for free. Wrangler Edge enables analyst teams to work together to wrangle hundreds of gigabytes of data from diverse sources. Wrangler Enterprise provides organizations with the ability to achieve unlimited scalability while centralizing the administration and governance of data.
Key features of Trifacta Wrangler Edge include:
- Accelerated data preparation: Trifacta’s user experience combines data visualization, machine learning and human-computer interaction
- Shared platform: Gain visibility and collaboration among teams using a common platform for data preparation
- Flexible deployment: Access a range of flexible deployment options whether in the cloud or on-premise
- Broad connectivity: Connect to and publish wrangled datasets to a wide range of data formats, databases and analytics tools
- Operationalize workflows: Automate wrangling that span multiple datasets and recipes for consistent outputs
- Tableau and Qlik optimization: Publish wrangling outputs for data visualization in best-of-breed tools
CEO Adam Wilson speaks to the new release, saying: “Wrangler adoption over the past 12 months has been phenomenal. With Wrangler Edge, we’re providing our customers using the free, single-user product with a logical upgrade path, enabling teams and departments to collaborate in preparing larger, more complex data sets. Wrangler Edge also allows us to respond to the needs of customers who want the rich set of capabilities found in our enterprise product, but may not have Hadoop, or an enterprise data lake.”
Latest posts by Timothy King (see all)
- The 13 Top Integration Platform as a Service Vendors for 2020 - February 7, 2020
- 5 Key Data Integration Questions to Ask Solution Providers for 2020 - February 5, 2020
- Qlik Launches Qlik Data Integration Platform with Rebranded Attunity Tools - January 31, 2020