Western Digital (WD) recently introduced the new WD brand My Passport SSD in capacities up to 2TB. With a compact metal design and speeds powered by NVMe technology, the new palm-sized drive allows both home and business users to save, access, and protect their content. Creators can now move and edit high-quality content nearly twice as fast with the new My Passport SSD compared to the previous version of the drive, saving time and enabling users to dedicate more time to other tasks.
Western Digital provides data storage solutions to enable organizations to manage and preserve their digital content. The provider offers Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) and Solid-State Drives (SSDs) for desktop and notebook personal computers, as well as the performance enterprise and capacity enterprise markets. Additionally, Western Digital offers HDDs used in consumer electronics such as DVRs, security surveillance systems, and gaming consoles. The vendor’s storage technology offers two-site asynchronous replication and the ability to deploy selected Docker containers on the platform itself.
The new My Passport SSD offers technical features, including:
- NVMe technology with read speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s.
- Password enabled 256-bit AES hardware encryption to help protect valuable content.
- Shock and vibration resistance and drop resistant up to 6.5 feet.
- Software that makes it easy to back up large files to a drive or cloud service account.
- USB 3.2 Gen-2 technology with a USB-C cable and a USB-A adaptor.
- Ready-to-use out of the box and compatible with Mac and PC.
In a press statement, Susan Park, vice president of Consumer Solutions at Western Digital, said, “the new My Passport SSD delivers the speed, reliability, and functionality consumers have come to expect from us. It is a powerful and sophisticated solution for the everyday content creators, curators, and hobbyists who need to move files quickly. The rounded corners, waving ridges, and soft edges enhance the My Passport SSD’s portability and make it easy to carry, yet also distinctly recognizable as a member within WD’s award-winning My Passport product line-up.”
Learn more about Western Digital.
- What’s Changed: 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage - October 15, 2021
- Solutions Review Set to Host Third BUDR Insight Jam - October 12, 2021
- The Best Hyperconverged Infrastructure Solutions to Consider - October 12, 2021