Today endpoint security and cloud data protection solution provider Druva unveiled the results of their 2018 State of Virtualization in the Cloud survey. The goal of the survey is to understand how different enterprises handled their cloud-adoption and how they protect their data in the cloud.
Druva found that 90% of their respondents are currently running or are planning to run virtual machines in the cloud in 2018, indicating a growing rate of cloud adoption. However, this is coupled with a growing risk as enterprise try and fail to deploy on-premises endpoint security solutions to their cloud data.
The Druva 2018 State of Virtualization in the Cloud also found:
- 55% of enterprises do not have a plan to centralize their data protection across multi-cloud or hybrid cloud environments.
- 54% of enterprises do not have visibility into the deployment and enforcement of their data management policies on the cloud.
- All in all, there is a significant discrepancy between enthusiasm for cloud adoption and visibility.
In a statement Dave Packer, Vice President of Products and Alliances at Druva, said: “What we’re seeing from the results is that the momentum of cloud adoption continues to grow for virtualized workloads, but that journey isn’t without challenges.”
“The cloud forces organizations–and vendors–to be more disciplined in how they approach consumption of cloud resources. While the benefits of moving to the cloud are huge, the visibility and data management requirements are higher to ensure organizations realize cost savings, which is why more than 53% of respondents are still struggling to hit that target.”
Druva’s Founder and CEO Jaspreet Singh was named by Solutions Review as one of the 10 Coolest Endpoint Security CEO Leaders. Druva was named one of the 25 Best Endpoint Security Platforms and Tools of 2018.
You can read More about the Druva 2018 State of Virtualization in the Cloud survey here.
Latest posts by Ben Canner (see all)
- IoT Security in the Time of the Coronavirus - May 26, 2020
- Sophos State of Ransomware 2020 Report Shows Dangers of Paying - May 22, 2020
- The 22 Best Endpoint Security Companies for 2020 - May 21, 2020