Identity is the new Enterprise security perimeter. It’s one of the hottest, most important areas in information security today, and it’s also one of the fastest going business segments in IT—but it can also be one of the most confusing.
As technology improves, the volume of terminology around it increases—there’s a seemingly endless torrent of new terminology surrounding Identity Management, and the acronyms just keep piling up—IAM, IDM, PIM, PAM, SIEM, RBAC, SSO,—the list goes on and on. Worst of all, if can be difficult to find an explanation that doesn’t reference another half dozen ciphered terms.
If you are an executive or IT leader challenged with understanding the complex world of identity management, you are not alone.
Luckily, the good folks at OneLogin have created a presentation that helps explain some key identity concepts with examples.
OneLogin’s presentation covers:
• Trends in cloud, and the standards to support them
• State of Identity, Digital Trust, Authentication and Access
• Directory Services and Federation
• SSO (Desktop SSO, Web SSO, and Mobile SSO)
• Automating Onboarding Practices, Provisioning and Deprovisioning
This is one of the best basic explanations of Identity Management on the net, so sit back and enjoy this 28-slide presentation, and check out the full on-demand webinar here.
- 17 Cybersecurity Podcasts You Should Listen to in 2020 - January 3, 2019
- What’s Changed: Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) - January 28, 2018
- Crossmatch Integrates Keyboard Capture to Identity Management Software - November 27, 2017