In a recent release, Veeam announced the general availability of Availability Suite v9, adding more than 250 new features and enhancements to help organizations deliver on the needs of the Always-On Enterprise. The new release enables SLAs for recovery time and point objectives of less than 15 minutes for all applications and business vital data. Veeam Availability Suite v9 enables enterprises of all shapes and sizes to close this gap and deliver 24/7 availability.
Veeam’s CEO Ratmir Timashev explains: “Today’s enterprises are more demanding than ever before, generating ever-increasing amounts of data to which they expect 24/7 access; this places an immense burden on IT to deliver. Veeam Availability Suite v9 addresses these needs with our most robust, scalable and feature-rich offering to date. Almost 42,000 customers registered for pre-launch updates (double that of v8), which illustrates the desire among enterprises to move from legacy backup solutions to innovative availability solutions. With this latest launch, Veeam is solidifying our position as the only company able to meet the needs of today’s Always-On Enterprise.”
In a nutshell. Veeam’s newest update offers the following capabilities: high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data, and complete visibility. Notable highlights inside Veeam Availability Suite v9 include:
EMC VNX and VNXe hybrid storage array integration
- A powerful combination of Veeam and EMC delivers lower RTPOs with Veeam Backup from Storage Snapshots and Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots. This integration helps IT professionals rapidly create backups from EMC VNX or VNXe storage snapshots up to 20 times faster than other vendors while easily recovering individual items in two minutes or less, all with minimal impact on production virtual machines.
Additional Primary Storage Integrations for HPE, NetApp and EMC
- Veeam On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots and enhancements to Backup from Storage Snapshots for storage solutions from EMC, HPE and NetApp to help leverage enterprise storage investments for dev/test and eliminate impact from backup activities on production environment.
- Direct NFS Access for any NFS-based storage to improve backup performance and remove impact from backup activities on VMware vSphere hosts.
Veeam Explorer for Oracle (and other enhancements for the family of Veeam Explorers)
- Features unique transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agentless transaction log backup so customers can restore databases to a precise point in time. This allows companies to achieve low recovery point objectives, gain quick and easy restore of individual databases, and gain support for databases running on Windows and Linux-based servers. This is also completely compatible with Oracle Automatic Storage Management.
- eDiscovery features for Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange is useful for complying with legal or government investigations. New features include detailed export reports specifying exactly what was exported.
- Major enhancements for Microsoft enterprise applications allow restores of Group Policy Objects, integrated DNS records and configuration partition objects with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory, full site restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Sharepoint, and table-level restores with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server.
DRaaS powered by Veeam Cloud Connect Replication
- All Veeam customers get a fully integrated, fast and secure means to replicate workloads to the cloud inside version 9, enabling Disaster Recovery as Service with improved recovery time objectives. Veeam users no longer have to build and maintain a Disaster Recovery site, which offloads a large amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure. This functionality also gives Veeam Cloud and Service Providers the ability to provide their customers with fast and secure DraaS with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository
- The exponential growth in data volumes is outpacing the ability of legacy tools to manage it efficiently and cost-effectively. Veeam’s new Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository addresses this challenge, lowering backup storage hardware spending and radically simplifying backup storage and backup job management inside the enterprise while also improving backup performance up to 200 percent.
Pricing for Veeam Availability Suite v9 starts at $1,150 per socket, and the price for Veeam Availability Suite Enterprise Plus starts at $2,650 per socket. Click here for more information.
- Data Protection Officer Job Description by Solutions Review - January 31, 2023
- What to Expect at Solutions Review’s Tactical Roundtable: Ransomware: Prevention and Response on January 26 - January 18, 2023
- Solutions Review Names 5 Data Protection Vendors to Watch, 2023 - December 13, 2022