Appian has announced the newest version of the Appian Low-code Automation Platform. This latest release expands the boundaries of the low-code industry through the introduction of low-code data, a new code-free approach to unifying enterprise data. The new version of Appian also features enhanced AI-driven Intelligent Document Processing (IDP), new design guidance and developer collaboration features, and enhanced DevSecOps capabilities. Appian provides automation, orchestrating people, existing systems, data, bots, and AI in a single workflow.
Appian BPM software is a model–driven app development platform that allows both experienced and citizen developers to build process-centric and case-centric applications with the ability to monitor and improve business processes in response to changing needs. What separates Appian from many other BPM solutions is its ability to manage business outcomes, in addition to the process orchestration of hybrid processes. Additionally, Appian is especially social–centric, easing collaboration between customers, workers, and suppliers. In early 2020, Appian acquired Novayre Solutions for an undisclosed amount.
The new Low-code Automation platform enhancements support the Appian Guarantee, which aims to deliver a user’s first project live in eight weeks with a flat services fee. New features in this version of the Appian platform include:
- Low-code Data: Users can source data from anywhere without needing to migrate it. Additionally, they can visually combine, extend, and model relationships between varied data sources, and automatically optimize data sets for performance without coding or database programming.
- IDP: Appian Intelligent Document Processing delivers efficiency gains via straight-through processing of large volumes of unstructured data. IDP now features native Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to securely extract data from documents without third-party software or services.
- Low-code RPA: Appian users can now automate tasks faster with new Low-code RPA Windows actions and additional new libraries of actions that can be downloaded directly from the Appian AppMarket.
In a media statement, Matt Richard, CIO at Laborers International Union of North America (LiUNA), a 500,000 member union of workers, said, “Appian strips away the complexities of working with the most advanced automation technologies so we can focus on making our member experience the best it can be. We were able to build our first Appian RPA process in just four days, integrated with our people processes and Appian AI. Simplifying data design is going to have a huge impact for us so I am looking forward to the new release with low-code data.”
To learn more about Appian, click here.
- The 10 Best Business Process Management Books to Read in 2022 - January 6, 2022
- The Best Blue Prism Tutorials on YouTube to Watch Right Now - September 16, 2021
- Appian Launches Updates to the Appian Low-Code Automation Platform - September 15, 2021