There’s nothing worse than having a customer or your manager enter your office and inform you of a challenge with your application before you were aware of it. That’s why it’s important that Azure users learn how to use Azure Storage to support your applications monitoring, diagnosis, and troubleshooting strategy. In this
In this video Azure Storage Principal PM Manager Jason Hogg demonstrates how to use end-to-end monitoring capabilities, including Storage service, client libraries, and network monitoring and how to enable Storage analytics, monitor metrics for potential issues, and troubleshoot using log files and Message Analyzer.
Over the course of a half-hour, Hogg will:
- Review the need for monitoring diagnosing and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate the end-to-end monitoring capabilities of Azure storage.
- Teach viewers where to start diagnosing service health, performance, and availability issues.
- Give a hands-on demonstration using Storage Analytics, Message Analyzer and Fiddler.
While the implementations specific to what he’s discussing are relevant to storage, many of the concepts discussed are relevant to all of Azure’s workloads, and in fact, most distributed applications.
Latest posts by Jeff Edwards (see all)
- WATCH: Setting Up Docker on Windows, Mac, and Ubuntu - April 4, 2016
- What’s Changed: Gartner’s 2016 Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS) Magic Quadrant Report - March 31, 2016
- 5 Things Enterprises Didn’t Know They Could Automate - March 28, 2016