Enterprise Information Management provider OpenText announced the acquisition of Dell EMC’s Enterprise Content Division late in 2016 but just recently took to their blog and Twitter to say that the deal is complete and Documentum is “here to stay.”
— OpenText (@OpenText) February 7, 2017
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platform by Documentum lets organizations unify teams, content and business processes. The deal set OpenText back $1.62 billion, but the vendor says this acquisition “cements” their leadership position in the space. And they want the market to know that Documentum is not going anywhere.
“We are committed to protecting Documentum customers’ investment with new innovations and continued support for both the OpenText Content Suite and OpenText Documentum,” EVP of OpenText’s Engineering and Information Technology Muhi Majzoub said in a recent blog post.
The post went on to say that OpenText will expand ECD’s plan for producing next-gen, cloud native content apps that are based on the OpenText LEAP platform. They will integrate the ECD portfolio within the OpenText EIM solution, which will benefit the vendor’s customers.
OpenText plans to spread this new message during their Innovation Tour, which will take them around the globe.
“The Innovation Tour is an exciting opportunity to hear more about how the OpenText roadmap will encompass all of the ECD products to deliver on the promise of digital transformation,” Majzoub said.
He will be delivering a live code demonstration for the first integration of an ECD product into the OpenText suite. Attend one of the events to see it in person.
Here are the tour dates and locations:
- London: March 21, 2017 – Register Now
- Paris: March 23, 2017 – Register Now
- Munich: March 28, 2017- Register Now
- Stockholm: March 29, 2017 – Register Now
- Eindhoven: March 30, 2017 – Register Now
- Hyland Unveils New Contract Management Point Application Within OnBase - December 7, 2017
- How Enterprise Content Management Can Help With GDPR - December 5, 2017
- Amsphere Unveils Document Management Solution Powered by Xerox DocuShare - November 30, 2017