Quantum Corporation recently announced an agreement to acquire the video surveillance portfolio and assets of Pivot3. Pivot3 is a hyperconverged infrastructure and intelligent software solution provider for the security and surveillance markets. This acquisition brings a diverse portfolio of video surveillance appliances, network video recorders (NVRs), and management applications along with a scale-out hyperconverged software platform, which will all be offered under the Quantum VS-Series product portfolio. Together with Quantum’s current line of NVR servers, the StorNext File System, and ActiveScale object storage, the Pivot3 additions round out a comprehensive surveillance and security portfolio, spanning small to multi-petabyte deployments.
Quantum helps users capture, create, and share digital content, while also preserving and protecting it. The vendor’s solutions are built for every stage of the data lifecycle and deliver fast performance for high-resolution video, images, and industrial IoT. Quantum completed its acquisition of the ActiveScale object storage organization from Western Digital Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Western Digital Corporation in March of 2020. This acquisition furthered Quantum’s role in storing and managing video and other unstructured data through a software-designed approach.
Highlights of the acquisition include:
- The transaction purchase price totals approximately $8.9 million in cash and stock.
- The acquisition is projected to be slightly accretive to EBITDA through the remainder of Fiscal 2022.
- This transaction expands the video surveillance portfolio with hardware and software offerings that will be offered under the Quantum VS-Series portfolio.
- Brings core intellectual property around distributed storage, data placement, erasure coding, and storage quality of service.
- The acquisition expands the global customer base with over 500 new surveillance customers with some of the most demanding mission-critical deployments in the world, including airports, mass transit, casinos, education, and smart cities.
- Adds key employees to engineering, product, and sales organizations with deep expertise in video surveillance solutions.
In a press statement, Jamie Lerner, Chairman and CEO of Quantum, said, “surveillance cameras are the biggest data generator on the planet, and Pivot3 has established themselves as one of the leaders in this space by pioneering the use of hyperconverged software for surveillance recording. This acquisition represents another key step in Quantum’s transformation, solidifying the company as a serious player in the multi-billion dollar video surveillance market, expanding our global customer base, sales channels, and technical expertise specific to this industry.”
To learn more about Quantum, click here.
- The Best Cloud Storage Courses on Udemy to Consider for 2021 - September 20, 2021
- DDN and Tintri Release IntelliFlash Enterprise NVMe - September 17, 2021
- Quantum Announces Agreement to Acquire EnCloudEn Technology - September 15, 2021