Recently, Solutions Review Founder and CEO Doug Atkinson sat down with Kevin O’Brien, CEO and Co-Founder of next-gen cloud email security solution provider Great Horn.
Their conversation covers not just email security past and present but the relationship between email security and cloud security as well as the cybersecurity changes that cloud migration requires.
Kevin O’Brien discusses how legacy email security solutions, which handled issues like email deliverability challenges, worked well twenty years ago. However, demands have changed radically since then. Now more than 93% of data breaches begin with an email security breach from a targeted inbound phishing or impersonation attack; in fact, these attacks are the number one cause of enterprise-level data breaches today. 0.1%-0.2% of all email messages are phishing attempts—a seemingly small number that becomes overwhelming when you consider the number of emails your employees receive per day.
Kevin mentions that he sees plenty of larger corporations attempting to build in-house solutions or implements hundreds to thousands of rules to try to contain these new threats. The issue is they don’t have the resources in technology or personnel to keep up with the deluge, much less scale their homegrown solutions with their enterprise as they migrate to the cloud.
In Doug and Jerry’s conversation, they also answer some critical questions in email security and cloud security, including:
- How next-gen email security protects business processes and data flows without disrupting emails.
- How automation and tunability help provide an extra layer to cybersecurity.
- How cloud migration presents huge opportunities and complicates cybersecurity needs.
Great Horn was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in Cloud Security last year.
To learn more, check out the video conversation between Doug Atkinson and Kevin O’Brien on email security here:
Latest posts by Ben Canner (see all)
- AI in SIEM: The Benefits for Enterprises of All Sizes - September 19, 2019
- The 10 Key Enterprise SIEM Blogs of 2019 - September 17, 2019
- The 5 Key Lessons for Enterprise SIEM in 2019 - September 12, 2019