Solutions Review explains how to set up and install ExpressVPN, including how to download, install, and login.
With an increasing number of cyber-attacks on high-profile companies and growing concerns over data privacy, many users are turning to virtual private networks (VPNs) to keep them safe when they’re using the Internet. A VPN protects the online traffic of its customers by masking IP addresses, encrypting network data transfers, and preventing external forces from observing user activity. Many VPNs also allow users to access censored or unavailable content or enable high-speed video streaming from any location.
There are many VPN solutions on the market, but today, we’ll be focusing on ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is a British-based company whose VPN solution lets users securely and anonymously browse the web and access blocked worldwide content from anywhere. The company currently hosts over 3,000 VPN servers, with 160 server locations in 94 countries across the globe, and users have the option to switch between servers whenever they want. Users can hide their IP addresses from potentially malicious actors and enjoy anonymous web surfing, unlocked regional content, and unthrottled data speeds.
Learn how to download, install, and login to ExpressVPN below.
Step 1: Sign Up for ExpressVPN
Obviously, the first step in setting ExpressVPN up is signing up for the service. If you sign up for ExpressVPN via our affiliate link, you can get an exclusive offer on this VPN software. You can sign up for a yearly plan for $8.32 a month as well as a six-month plan for $9.99 a month and a monthly plan for $12.95 a month. Pick whichever plan works best for you! Choose your desired payment plan, enter your payment information, and create an account.
Step 2: Download the ExpressVPN Software
Once you’ve signed up for ExpressVPN, it’s time to download the software. The vendor offers numerous versions of its VPN solution that are specifically tailored to devices and operating systems. After you’ve created your account and your order has been processed, select the version of ExpressVPN that fits your operating system — whether it be a Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, or Chromebook device, as well as the Chrome and Firefox web browsers and routers. Then, you can download the installer that’s designed for your system.
Step 3: Install the Program Onto Your Device
After you’ve downloaded the installer, navigate to where you downloaded it and run the executable file. From here, it’s a simple matter of following the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process. ExpressVPN’s installer is simple and easy to understand, and after the software has finished installing everything, you’re nearly ready to begin browsing securely.
Step 4: Open the Software and Login to ExpressVPN
Once the installation process is complete, open the ExpressVPN application to log in and start the VPN software. The software will prompt you to enter your username and password — use the same information you provided earlier when creating an account.
Step 5: Start Browsing Securely with ExpressVPN
After logging into the program, click the red power button in the center of the screen to activate the service. You’re now all set to browse the web securely and privately!
Once you’re connected and configured, ExpressVPN’s state-of-the-art, multi-gigabit private network will provide online security, protect your identity, allow anonymity, stop eavesdroppers, unblock websites, and grant uncensored access to the internet.
Why Choose to Download and Login to ExpressVPN?
There are many different VPN providers on the market, each delivering its own set of advantages and benefits over other solutions. Some of the benefits of using ExpressVPN include:
- VPN Split Tunneling. ExpressVPN allows users to enable split tunneling, a feature where the VPN routes certain traffic through their VPN tunnel while other traffic accesses the Internet directly, bypassing the VPN. With split tunneling, users can access web services and content from local IP addresses and international IP addresses at the same time. It also allows users to communicate with other LAN devices on their network while still connecting to the VPN.
- Network Lock. In the event that your VPN connection is interrupted, ExpressVPN’s kill switch Network Lock kicks into gear. Network Lock immediately stops traffic from entering or leaving a device when a VPN connection fails, ensuring that power outages or users changing Wi-Fi networks don’t expose a device to outside threats. This feature is automatically enabled and stays on as long as a device is connected to the VPN.
- TrustedServer. For their VPN servers, ExpressVPN delivers TrustedServer technology, which the company claims is “a whole new standard of security.” With TrustedServer, all data on a server is wiped following a reboot since ExpressVPN servers run exclusively on RAM, and servers never write data to the hard drive. Also, whenever a server starts up, the entire software stack is reinstalled, ensuring none of the servers are running outdated software.
For more info on what the VPN solution can deliver, consult our video guide below.
- How to Install Surfshark: Download, Install, and Login - October 4, 2021
- How to Install ExpressVPN: Download, Install, and Login - September 30, 2021
- How to Install NordVPN: Download, Login, and Setup - September 28, 2021