Cyber protection and hybrid cloud storage solution provider, Acronis, recently announced a significant update to its enterprise backup solution, Acronis Backup. The update introduces physical data shipping, protection from cryptomining malware, cross-platform virtual machine conversation, and localization to seven additional languages.
The latest update, which is free for existing Acronis Backup users with an active maintenance contract or subscription, also increases the number of devices that can be managed from a single management server to 8,000. This enables users to protect their data, applications, and systems via an intuitive web interface.
In a press statement, Vice President and General Manager of Americas at Acronis, Patrick Hurley said, “this is by far the largest Acronis Backup update to date. We listened to our users and brought the features that they requested. Acronis Backup is the most secure backup in the market, which is why it is trusted by more than 500,000 businesses worldwide.”
The recent update adds a range of features to Acronis Backup, including:
- Physical data shipping: Users are enabled to protect large amounts of data by sending encrypted versions of full backups to an Acronis data center on a hard drive.
- Extended scalability: Gives users the opportunity to save infrastructure resources by managing up to 8,000 devices from a single management server.
- Enhanced user experience: The update offers the ability to organize, group, and filter devices through a new comment feature, as well as schedule backups through a new performance and backup window.
- Cross-platform conversion: Users are enabled to convert backup files into VM files (VHDX, VMDK formats ready) capable of running on VMware Workstation and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors.
Graeme Hackland, CIO of ROKiT Williams Racing Formula One team, stated, “we partnered with Acronis as part of our digital transformation strategy. Acronis’ technology helped us to optimize cyber protection and significantly reduce our backup window from days to hours, making our operations in the factory and at the track more efficient and secure.”
To read Acronis’ full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Study From StorageCraft Reveals Sources of Concern for IT Teams - September 13, 2019
- A Step By Step Guide to Backup Testing - September 10, 2019
- Top Four Strategies to Protect Your Backups From Ransomware Attacks - September 6, 2019