EMC’s backup and recovery solution is a prepackaged backup suite made up of several different components that are also available for individual sale. These include Avamar, Networker and Data Protection adviser, with options for MozyEnterprise for cloud backup and SourceOne for archiving.
EMC’s data protection solutions give a full range of data protection, from archive to continuous availability for physical, virtual and cloud environments. EMC has integrated with primary and protection storage platforms and with hypervisors and enterprise applications, while extending support for cloud environments and delivery new technologies that enable data protections-as-a-service delivery.
The EMC Data Protection Suite enables flexible application of integrated products optimizes both on premise and cloud-based backup and archive environments as they evolve.
- EMC Avamar- Equipped with integrated variable-length deduplication technology, Avamar facilitated fast, daily full backups for virtual environments, remote offices, enterprise applications, network-attached storage (NAS) servers and desktops/laptops.
- EMC Networker- Centralizes automates and accelerates data backup and recovery across IT environments. NetWorker delivers a wide range of data protection options to safeguard critical business data.
- EMC Data Protection Advisor- Unifies and automates monitoring, analysis and reporting across backup and recovery environments while reducing complexity, lowering costs and eliminating manual efforts.
- EMC MozyEnterprise- Acquired by EMC in 2007, Mozy Enterprise is a cloud backup solution for desktops, laptops and small servers. It gives complete data protection for users on any network and the administrative console can be managed from anywhere.
- EMC SourceOne Archiving- Archiving software that improves user productivity, providing access to archived email, files and Microsoft SharePoint content. Proactive information management helps with litigation readiness and a centralized archive accelerates high-volume discovery searches and enables secure legal holds.
EMC Data Protection Suite is a great self-service backup for vSphere administrators and the different backup products work very well together, but there is no news of them consolidating all of the solutions that make up EMC Data Protection Suite any time in the near future.
Latest posts by Alexander K (see all)
- Backup and Recovery Statistics You Should Know Before 2018 - November 22, 2017
- 5 Disaster Recovery as a Service Vendors to Watch in 2018 - October 27, 2017
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention: What’s Changed - September 11, 2017