Infrascale has announced the general availability of an upgrade to the agentless backup engine for Infrascale Backup and Disaster Recovery. In addition to existing agentless backup for VMware virtual machines (VMs), the backup engine now allows Microsoft-centric MSPs to benefit from native discovery, policy control, and backup of Hyper-V VMs. The new agentless version provides fast deployments through discovery and policy control, easier management with one-stop configuration, and improved performance over its agent-based predecessor. This announcement comes on the heels of the recent launch of Infrascale’s next-generation backup and disaster recovery solution, Infrascale Backup and Disaster Recovery (IBDR).
Infrascale offers an enterprise-grade cloud-based data protection solution that provides failover to a second site with the flexibility to boot from the appliance or cloud. The product is delivered as a physical or virtual appliance and includes disaster recovery software. Infrascale‘s dashboard simplifies data protection management by providing a single view through which the entire suite of services is deployed. An administrative dashboard, accessible from any browser or device, makes it easy to recover mission–critical applications and systems with pushbutton simplicity. Users are enabled to set up the protection needs for their organization in a single pane of glass management to ensure all of their critical data is covered.
Whether supporting Hyper-V or VMware, the Infrascale agentless backup engine is a sub-system of IBDR that offers:
- Native Discovery of VMs on the Hypervisor: Users can see a list of all VMs directly from the appliance dashboard.
- Setting of Policy Controls: Protect some or all VMs managed by the hypervisor, auto-protect new VMs as they are created by an administrator, and backup non-powered VMs.
- Backup and Recovery Fundamentals: Capture full and incremental backups for use with Infrascale DDFS (deduplication file system) — storing backup data deduplicated, compressed, and securely encrypted. Users can also convert incremental backups to a “synthetic full,” providing average two-minute boot-ready times.
In a media statement, Russell P. Reeder, CEO of Infrascale, said, “Microsoft serves as the backbone technology stack for most of our MSP partners. We built IBDR and our new backup engine for Hyper-V to integrate seamlessly, giving our partners and their end customers the best possible user experience and flawless DR performance. In addition to being faster to deploy and easier to manage over the previous version, backups are now three times faster!”
To learn more about Infrascale, click here.
- The Top 17 Free and Open Source Backup Solutions - June 1, 2022
- The 11 Best Free Disaster Recovery Plan Templates Online - June 1, 2022
- The 7 Best Commvault Training Courses Online for 2022 - May 3, 2022