Virtualization and cloud backup software provider, NAKIVO, has announced the release of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v7.5. The most recent version of this software supports vSphere 6.7, enabling users to use NAKIVO Backup & Replication to protect upgraded VMware environments and reap the benefits of new capabilities that improve backup performance. The tool also adds integration with leading storage providers such as NETGEAR Ready NAS and Dell EMC Data Domain.
This version of NAKIVO’s software offers a multitude of features, which include:
- Cross-Platform Recovery: With Backup & Replication v7.5, users have access to new functionality for VM data recovery across platforms. With this capability, users have the ability to export VM data from VMware and Hyper-V backups into VHD, VHDX, or VMDK format. Those exported files can then be used for recovery purposes across different hypervisors, long-term archival, cross-platform VM data migration, or sandbox testing.
- Advanced Bandwidth Throttling: With this feature, users are enabled to set speed limits for data protection processes in order to prevent network overload during business hours or specific periods of time. The process can be customized to meet business needs and can be automated with global rules that restrict bandwidth consumption.
- NETGEAR ReadyNAS-Based VM Backup Appliance: This tool can be installed directly on NETGEAR ReadyNAS devices, making for a more cost-effective VM backup appliance. The ReadyNAS-based appliance is part of a 5-in-1 solution that offers backup software, hardware, storage, backup-to-cloud functionality, and built-in global data deduplication.
- Support for EMC Data Domain Boost: Backup & Replication v7.5 integrates with the BoostFS plugin and combines the benefits of the VM backup appliance with the source-side deduplication offered by Dell EMC Data Domain Boost. Through this integration, the size of the VM backup can be reduced by up to 17 times and the VM backup speed can be improved by up to 50%.
CEO of NAKIVO Inc., Bruce Talley stated, “here at NAKIVO, we are looking to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations while staying on top of developments in the industry. We are continuously working on new versions of the product, adding new features and enhancing the existing ones according to customer feedback and the ever-evolving technological landscape.”
Read NAKIVO’s full press release here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Gartner Names Winners of 2020 Customers’ Choice for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions - February 21, 2020
- 5 Key DRaaS Questions to Ask Solution Providers in 2020 - February 20, 2020
- Veeam Launches Veeam Availability Suite v10 for Next-Gen Backup - February 19, 2020