Data management, business continuity, backup, and disaster recovery provider, Veeam, has announced the release of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Version 2. This tool offers protection for Microsoft OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online, and SharePoint on-prem installations, as well as Exchange Online and Exchange on-prem.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v2 provides protection for data inside the Office 365 infrastructure, which enhances the automated data replication that Microsoft offers across its data centers. The combined capabilities of Veeam and Microsoft tools allow businesses to have total control of their data, in addition to ensuring availability to users across SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, and OneDrive for Business.
The new version of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 includes features such as:
- New Data Protection for OneDrive for Business: Offers efficient backup of Office 365 OneDrive for Business accounts with the capability to restore and export files and folders through the use of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft OneDrive.
- Improvements to Ease of Use and Backup Flexibility: With a redesigned job wizard, users are provided with a simpler and more flexible selection of Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online objects. IT has the ability to granularly search, scale, and perform management of backup jobs for Office 365 users, which saves time and resources.
- New Data Protection for SharePoint: Allows IT to backup SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-prem. This also offers flexible recovery options to SharePoint sites, libraries, documents, and lists with the use of Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint.
On the release, Vice President of product strategy at Veeam, Danny Allan stated, “with our latest release, Veeam extends our long-term commitment to provide additional security controls and backup of Microsoft Office 365 data. No company with Office 365 should be without Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v2. With Veeam, the enterprise remains in complete control and data remains available and protected.”
To learn more, read Veeam’s full press release here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- 3 Crucial Questions for Cloud BUDR Planning - August 22, 2019
- [VIDEO] Solutions Review Explores: What is Disaster Recovery? - August 22, 2019
- Acronis Releases Backup and Protection Tool, Acronis True Image 2020 - August 21, 2019